Results day means success for pupils around the Hampstead and Highgate area
RECORD-BREAKING GCSE results have already started flooding in from schools across North London with dozens of pupils achieving straight As and A*s. Henrietta Barnett School in Hampstead Garden Suburb was one such success story with 92 per cent of all res
RECORD-BREAKING GCSE results have already started flooding in from schools across North London with dozens of pupils achieving straight As and A*s.
Henrietta Barnett School in Hampstead Garden Suburb was one such success story with 92 per cent of all results receiving the top two grades and 57 per cent of those at A*.
This is the third year running the grammar school has achieved more than 90 per cent As and A*s and comes days after similar success at A-Level.
Headteacher Oliver Blond said: "These fantastic results are a tribute to the great energy, enthusiasm and character of our Year 11 girls. They are a very supportive year group and their examination successes tell only a small part of their story. Behind the headline figures, each girl has contributed wholeheartedly to the friendly and enabling atmosphere of the school. I want to thank them for their hard work and commitment."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Blond added that the school was, however, about more than simply examination success.
"Education, it must be remembered, is about much more than getting good grades and, in addition to their exam success, these girls have continued to get involved in all aspects of school life and are bright, ambitious and thoughtful young people with so much to offer," he added. "They have a very exciting time ahead of them and everyone at the school is very proud of them and their achievements.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep