Resignation of schools director hailed as bad news for education
DIRECTOR of schools Steve Farnsworth has resigned from his post at Westminster Council. Cllr Paul Dimoldenberg, who is the leader of the Labour group on the council, hailed it as more bad news for Westminster s education department. He said: The Conserv
DIRECTOR of schools Steve Farnsworth has resigned from his post at Westminster Council.
Cllr Paul Dimoldenberg, who is the leader of the Labour group on the council, hailed it as more bad news for Westminster's education department.
He said: "The Conservatives seem to appoint a new director of schools on an annual basis.
"None of them last very long and this must mean that there is something very wrong and rotten at the heart of Westminster Council.
"Before the next director is appointed there needs to be an independent review by outside experts of why the Conservatives appear unable to run education properly."
A spokeswoman for the council said: "We can confirm that Steve Farnsworth has resigned as director of schools and learning from Westminster Council.
- 1 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 2 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 4 Two more charged in connection with Olsi Kuka killing in Barnet
- 5 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 6 Gold and silver for a Platinum Jubilee party
- 7 Royal beacon in Golders Hill shines light for Queen
- 8 Home of the week: Hampstead flat with garden for £1.25m
- 9 Man jailed for membership of banned neo-Nazi group National Action
- 10 Belsize Park phone box transformed into art gallery by prep school pupils
"Steve has done an excellent job in driving forward the council's education policies and we wish him well for the future.