Resignation of schools director hailed as bad news for education
DIRECTOR of schools Steve Farnsworth has resigned from his post at Westminster Council. Cllr Paul Dimoldenberg, who is the leader of the Labour group on the council, hailed it as more bad news for Westminster s education department. He said: The Conserv
DIRECTOR of schools Steve Farnsworth has resigned from his post at Westminster Council.
Cllr Paul Dimoldenberg, who is the leader of the Labour group on the council, hailed it as more bad news for Westminster's education department.
He said: "The Conservatives seem to appoint a new director of schools on an annual basis.
"None of them last very long and this must mean that there is something very wrong and rotten at the heart of Westminster Council.
You may also want to watch:
"Before the next director is appointed there needs to be an independent review by outside experts of why the Conservatives appear unable to run education properly."
A spokeswoman for the council said: "We can confirm that Steve Farnsworth has resigned as director of schools and learning from Westminster Council.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 7 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 8 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
"Steve has done an excellent job in driving forward the council's education policies and we wish him well for the future.