Resignation of schools director hailed as bad news for education
DIRECTOR of schools Steve Farnsworth has resigned from his post at Westminster Council. Cllr Paul Dimoldenberg, who is the leader of the Labour group on the council, hailed it as more bad news for Westminster s education department. He said: The Conserv
DIRECTOR of schools Steve Farnsworth has resigned from his post at Westminster Council.
Cllr Paul Dimoldenberg, who is the leader of the Labour group on the council, hailed it as more bad news for Westminster's education department.
He said: "The Conservatives seem to appoint a new director of schools on an annual basis.
"None of them last very long and this must mean that there is something very wrong and rotten at the heart of Westminster Council.
You may also want to watch:
"Before the next director is appointed there needs to be an independent review by outside experts of why the Conservatives appear unable to run education properly."
A spokeswoman for the council said: "We can confirm that Steve Farnsworth has resigned as director of schools and learning from Westminster Council.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
"Steve has done an excellent job in driving forward the council's education policies and we wish him well for the future.