Resignation of schools director hailed as bad news for education
DIRECTOR of schools Steve Farnsworth has resigned from his post at Westminster Council. Cllr Paul Dimoldenberg, who is the leader of the Labour group on the council, hailed it as more bad news for Westminster s education department. He said: The Conserv
DIRECTOR of schools Steve Farnsworth has resigned from his post at Westminster Council.
Cllr Paul Dimoldenberg, who is the leader of the Labour group on the council, hailed it as more bad news for Westminster's education department.
He said: "The Conservatives seem to appoint a new director of schools on an annual basis.
"None of them last very long and this must mean that there is something very wrong and rotten at the heart of Westminster Council.
You may also want to watch:
"Before the next director is appointed there needs to be an independent review by outside experts of why the Conservatives appear unable to run education properly."
A spokeswoman for the council said: "We can confirm that Steve Farnsworth has resigned as director of schools and learning from Westminster Council.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
"Steve has done an excellent job in driving forward the council's education policies and we wish him well for the future.