Residents warn Swiss Cottage nightclub bid would ‘see return of drug dealing’
- Credit: Polly Hancock
A new basement nightclub threatens to bring back drug dealing and anti-social behaviour to the streets of Swiss Cottage, residents have warned.
Dozens have objected to plans to create a stage and dancefloor underneath a restaurant in Finchley Road, formerly La Voss, for private events.
New owners Business Training Line UK Ltd, which want to rebrand the eatery as The Piano Bar, have also bid to sell alcohol until 3.30am on Friday and Saturdays in a licensing application to be decided by councillors tonight.
But residents have warned that the proposals would see a return of the kind of anti-social behaviour they had to endure for 20 years when the notorious NWC nightclub in Finchley Road was open.
The club shut down two years ago following a brawl involving 40 clubbers armed with champagne bottles, knives and, reportedly, a firearm.
You may also want to watch:
Four people were stabbed.
Edie Raff, co-chairwoman of the Cresta House Residents’ Association, said: “We endured over 20 years of drug dealing, vomiting, and urinating on our doorsteps, and being woken up by noise.” Camden Police have also objected.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
The applicant was contacted for comment.