Residents warn Swiss Cottage nightclub bid would ‘see return of drug dealing’
- Credit: Polly Hancock
A new basement nightclub threatens to bring back drug dealing and anti-social behaviour to the streets of Swiss Cottage, residents have warned.
Dozens have objected to plans to create a stage and dancefloor underneath a restaurant in Finchley Road, formerly La Voss, for private events.
New owners Business Training Line UK Ltd, which want to rebrand the eatery as The Piano Bar, have also bid to sell alcohol until 3.30am on Friday and Saturdays in a licensing application to be decided by councillors tonight.
But residents have warned that the proposals would see a return of the kind of anti-social behaviour they had to endure for 20 years when the notorious NWC nightclub in Finchley Road was open.
The club shut down two years ago following a brawl involving 40 clubbers armed with champagne bottles, knives and, reportedly, a firearm.
You may also want to watch:
Four people were stabbed.
Edie Raff, co-chairwoman of the Cresta House Residents’ Association, said: “We endured over 20 years of drug dealing, vomiting, and urinating on our doorsteps, and being woken up by noise.” Camden Police have also objected.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 4 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 10 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
The applicant was contacted for comment.