Residents overjoyed at West Hampstead decision
NEIGHBOURS of a nightmare developer in West Hampstead are over the moon Camden Council last night issued an enforcement notice ordering him to knock down two large extensions. Hilltop Road residents have been campaigning for an enforcement notice to be
NEIGHBOURS of a "nightmare developer" in West Hampstead are over the moon Camden Council last night issued an enforcement notice ordering him to knock down two large extensions.
Hilltop Road residents have been campaigning for an enforcement notice to be served on developer Nader Golesorkhy, who they say is blighting their lives building illegal extensions on the back of two houses.
Neighbour Colleen Toomey said: "Thus far everyone is very pleased. We were just so run out of energy at the meeting and so tired after all the campaigning - it has been a long time."
Campaigners started a petition against the development which they submitted to the council. It had garnered 80 signatures including actor and author Stephen Fry.
You may also want to watch:
West Hampstead councillor John Bryant, who has campaigned on behalf of the residents, said: "The result was quite pleasing. This is I suspect the first stage in what may be a long protracted affair.
"We had cross party support for the enforcement which is great and I have asked the committee to keep an eye on things."
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 4 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 7 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 10 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
Despite efforts to track him down, the developer Mr Golesorkhy was unavailable.