Residents overjoyed at West Hampstead decision
NEIGHBOURS of a nightmare developer in West Hampstead are over the moon Camden Council last night issued an enforcement notice ordering him to knock down two large extensions. Hilltop Road residents have been campaigning for an enforcement notice to be
NEIGHBOURS of a "nightmare developer" in West Hampstead are over the moon Camden Council last night issued an enforcement notice ordering him to knock down two large extensions.
Hilltop Road residents have been campaigning for an enforcement notice to be served on developer Nader Golesorkhy, who they say is blighting their lives building illegal extensions on the back of two houses.
Neighbour Colleen Toomey said: "Thus far everyone is very pleased. We were just so run out of energy at the meeting and so tired after all the campaigning - it has been a long time."
Campaigners started a petition against the development which they submitted to the council. It had garnered 80 signatures including actor and author Stephen Fry.
You may also want to watch:
West Hampstead councillor John Bryant, who has campaigned on behalf of the residents, said: "The result was quite pleasing. This is I suspect the first stage in what may be a long protracted affair.
"We had cross party support for the enforcement which is great and I have asked the committee to keep an eye on things."
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 9 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
Despite efforts to track him down, the developer Mr Golesorkhy was unavailable.