Residents overjoyed at West Hampstead decision
NEIGHBOURS of a nightmare developer in West Hampstead are over the moon Camden Council last night issued an enforcement notice ordering him to knock down two large extensions. Hilltop Road residents have been campaigning for an enforcement notice to be
NEIGHBOURS of a "nightmare developer" in West Hampstead are over the moon Camden Council last night issued an enforcement notice ordering him to knock down two large extensions.
Hilltop Road residents have been campaigning for an enforcement notice to be served on developer Nader Golesorkhy, who they say is blighting their lives building illegal extensions on the back of two houses.
Neighbour Colleen Toomey said: "Thus far everyone is very pleased. We were just so run out of energy at the meeting and so tired after all the campaigning - it has been a long time."
Campaigners started a petition against the development which they submitted to the council. It had garnered 80 signatures including actor and author Stephen Fry.
You may also want to watch:
West Hampstead councillor John Bryant, who has campaigned on behalf of the residents, said: "The result was quite pleasing. This is I suspect the first stage in what may be a long protracted affair.
"We had cross party support for the enforcement which is great and I have asked the committee to keep an eye on things."
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
Despite efforts to track him down, the developer Mr Golesorkhy was unavailable.