Residents flee two fires on same Maida Hill road within two days
The fire brigade is not linking two blazes that took place on the same Maida Hill road within two days.
A woman was rescued from a flat on Portnall Road by firefighters wearing breathing equipment in the early hours of Saturday morning.
On Monday, three people escaped from flats on the same road when a blaze broke out at lunchtime.
London Fire Brigade says it believes the two fires were started accidentally, one by an incense stick and the other by an extractor fan.
The first blaze saw 10 firefighters attend the scene at 1.39am on Saturday.
Firefighters rescued a woman from the first floor and another five people had already fled before the brigade arrived.
Two adults and a child were treated at the scene by the London Ambulance Service for smoke inhalation before being taken to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington.
- 1 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 2 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 3 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 4 Police called to 'youth with knife trying to climb school gates'
- 5 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 6 In pictures: Wacky racers descend on Alexandra Palace for soapbox challenge
- 7 Camden watchmaker launches crowdfunding campaign
- 8 Night-time fishing suspended at Vale of Health following 'antisocial behaviour'
- 9 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 10 Gabriel Jesus solves Arsenal's striking conundrum
Early indications are that the fire was started by incense sticks.
Twenty firefighters then attended at 12.59pm on Monday after a man and two women had escaped a fire in a terraced house.
The ground floor was damaged and one of the women was taken to St Mary’s due to slight smoke inhalation.
Investigations have shown the fire started with an extractor fan in a kitchen.