Residents are urged to have their say on Hampstead Heath dams project
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Hampstead Heath bosses are calling on the public to air their concerns over the controversial dams project.
The City of London Corporation, which manages the beauty spot, is asking the public what aspects of the iconic ponds they would like to see protected and what should be improved.
No designs have yet been drawn up for the dams work.
Jeremy Simons, chairman of the Hampstead Heath Management Committee, said: “This is the first chance for Heath lovers to have their say on this important project.
“I believe there are opportunities to make environmental gains as part of this programme and we’d like to know what aspects are most important to the public.
You may also want to watch:
“Throughout the process we’ll do everything we can to minimise any disruption and take into account the views of people who use and love the Heath.”
The evidence will be compiled and submitted to design firm Atkins.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
To have your say, email email@example.com or call 020 7332 3847.