Residents are urged to have their say on Hampstead Heath dams project
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Hampstead Heath bosses are calling on the public to air their concerns over the controversial dams project.
The City of London Corporation, which manages the beauty spot, is asking the public what aspects of the iconic ponds they would like to see protected and what should be improved.
No designs have yet been drawn up for the dams work.
Jeremy Simons, chairman of the Hampstead Heath Management Committee, said: “This is the first chance for Heath lovers to have their say on this important project.
“I believe there are opportunities to make environmental gains as part of this programme and we’d like to know what aspects are most important to the public.
You may also want to watch:
“Throughout the process we’ll do everything we can to minimise any disruption and take into account the views of people who use and love the Heath.”
The evidence will be compiled and submitted to design firm Atkins.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
To have your say, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7332 3847.