Residents are urged to have their say on Hampstead Heath dams project
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Hampstead Heath bosses are calling on the public to air their concerns over the controversial dams project.
The City of London Corporation, which manages the beauty spot, is asking the public what aspects of the iconic ponds they would like to see protected and what should be improved.
No designs have yet been drawn up for the dams work.
Jeremy Simons, chairman of the Hampstead Heath Management Committee, said: “This is the first chance for Heath lovers to have their say on this important project.
“I believe there are opportunities to make environmental gains as part of this programme and we’d like to know what aspects are most important to the public.
You may also want to watch:
“Throughout the process we’ll do everything we can to minimise any disruption and take into account the views of people who use and love the Heath.”
The evidence will be compiled and submitted to design firm Atkins.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 6 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
To have your say, email email@example.com or call 020 7332 3847.