Reminder: Freedom Pass is nearing its deadline
Your readers may have read recently how the council has renewed its waste and recycling contract. It was a tough tendering process and we drove a hard deal in order to obtain the best value for money possible for the taxpayer. But we have not skimped on
Your readers may have read recently how the council has renewed its waste and recycling contract. It was a tough tendering process and we drove a hard deal in order to obtain the best value for money possible for the taxpayer.
But we have not skimped on quality. We will still be carrying out more waste collections than any other part of the country, our street cleaners will be as industrious as ever, and our commitment to gritting as many of our roads and pavements during severe weather will not be diminished.
We take great pride in the fact that in our area street sweepers and refuse collectors are a regular and welcome sight, wherever you may live or work.
We are determined to improve the service we offer, as well as saving the taxpayer �800,000 per year thanks to our new contract.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Danny Chalkley
Cabinet Member for
- 1 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 7 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 8 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United
Westminster City Council