Reminder: Freedom Pass is nearing its deadline
Your readers may have read recently how the council has renewed its waste and recycling contract. It was a tough tendering process and we drove a hard deal in order to obtain the best value for money possible for the taxpayer. But we have not skimped on
Your readers may have read recently how the council has renewed its waste and recycling contract. It was a tough tendering process and we drove a hard deal in order to obtain the best value for money possible for the taxpayer.
But we have not skimped on quality. We will still be carrying out more waste collections than any other part of the country, our street cleaners will be as industrious as ever, and our commitment to gritting as many of our roads and pavements during severe weather will not be diminished.
We take great pride in the fact that in our area street sweepers and refuse collectors are a regular and welcome sight, wherever you may live or work.
We are determined to improve the service we offer, as well as saving the taxpayer �800,000 per year thanks to our new contract.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Danny Chalkley
Cabinet Member for
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 7 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 10 Hampstead's Karma Bread thanks Royal Free staff with baked goods
Westminster City Council