Reminder: Freedom Pass is nearing its deadline
Your readers may have read recently how the council has renewed its waste and recycling contract. It was a tough tendering process and we drove a hard deal in order to obtain the best value for money possible for the taxpayer. But we have not skimped on
Your readers may have read recently how the council has renewed its waste and recycling contract. It was a tough tendering process and we drove a hard deal in order to obtain the best value for money possible for the taxpayer.
But we have not skimped on quality. We will still be carrying out more waste collections than any other part of the country, our street cleaners will be as industrious as ever, and our commitment to gritting as many of our roads and pavements during severe weather will not be diminished.
We take great pride in the fact that in our area street sweepers and refuse collectors are a regular and welcome sight, wherever you may live or work.
We are determined to improve the service we offer, as well as saving the taxpayer �800,000 per year thanks to our new contract.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Danny Chalkley
Cabinet Member for
- 1 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 2 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
Westminster City Council