Reminder: Freedom Pass is nearing its deadline
Your readers may have read recently how the council has renewed its waste and recycling contract. It was a tough tendering process and we drove a hard deal in order to obtain the best value for money possible for the taxpayer. But we have not skimped on
Your readers may have read recently how the council has renewed its waste and recycling contract. It was a tough tendering process and we drove a hard deal in order to obtain the best value for money possible for the taxpayer.
But we have not skimped on quality. We will still be carrying out more waste collections than any other part of the country, our street cleaners will be as industrious as ever, and our commitment to gritting as many of our roads and pavements during severe weather will not be diminished.
We take great pride in the fact that in our area street sweepers and refuse collectors are a regular and welcome sight, wherever you may live or work.
We are determined to improve the service we offer, as well as saving the taxpayer �800,000 per year thanks to our new contract.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Danny Chalkley
Cabinet Member for
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 5 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 6 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
Westminster City Council