Remember to wear your red laces on London Marathon day
Through your letters page I would like to appeal to anyone with a place in this month s Flora London Marathon. No matter why you are running, whether for another charity, a running club, or on a ballot place, please, please wear the red laces provided in
Through your letters page I would like to appeal to anyone with a place in this month's Flora London Marathon. No matter why you are running, whether for another charity, a running club, or on a ballot place, please, please wear the red laces provided in your latest copy of Marathon News and help HEART UK to "keep young hearts running!"
HEART UK - The Cholesterol Charity - is a national registered charity passionate about preventing premature deaths caused by raised cholesterol, especially inherited high cholesterol (IHC), which can cause early cardiovascular disease and shorten lives. IHC can kill fit, young people in their 20s, 30s and 40s - suddenly and without warning - devastating families.
* * Represent a healthy cardiovascular system
You may also want to watch:
* * Encourage people to lace-up and get active to improve their heart health
* * Direct people to look at their own family heart history and recognise when they might be at risk
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives
- 8 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
They help us to raise awareness about a silent condition which remains undiagnosed among 85% of those affected, leaving 500,000 people in the UK today unknowingly at risk of heart attack, stroke or sudden death.
By wearing redlaces at the Flora London Marathon on Sunday 26th April, you can help us to get our message out there and save lives. One person in every 100, whether they are running, lining the route or watching from the comfort of their armchairs, is at risk from inherited high cholesterol. The more redlaces on the course this year, the more questions will be asked, the more lives will ultimately be saved. Last year about 60% of FLM runners wore redlaces. Can we improve on that this year? Can we keep more young hearts running? With your help we can!
Please "lace 'em red" and get those messages out there. Someone you know may thank you!
Head of Fundraising & Membership
HEART UK - The Cholesterol Charity
7 North Road