Redknapp: I need four players to complete my Tottenham dream team
HARRY Redknapp admits he has a dream about signing his top transfer targets in the next two weeks and turning Tottenham into title contenders. Spurs are yet to make a signing this summer but, with 12 days until the window closes...
By Ben Pearce
HARRY Redknapp admits he "has a dream" about signing his top transfer targets in the next two weeks and turning Tottenham into title contenders.
Spurs are yet to make a signing this summer but, with 12 days until the window closes, Redknapp has divulged that he is still chasing the short-list of players that he highlighted back in May.
"I didn't have that many targets to be honest. I know who I want, I know who could make us a better team and they're the same ones who I wanted at the start," said the Spurs boss.
You may also want to watch:
"I've got this dream of these two or three players and if I could get them they would be fantastic for this club. They're not big money, they wouldn't cost an awful lot in terms of transfers or anything.
"There was five, now there's four. I'm not going to get them all but maybe I've got two for one position. Joe Cole went to Liverpool so he was off the list. There's four left and if I can get three of them it would be fantastic. If I get two of them, then great.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 4 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
"I think we could be close to the title, I really do. We're talking about really good lads who have been there and done it, and I think they would make a difference around the place.
"Getting them isn't easy but we'll see what happens. It could go right to the wire with getting people in, but I think there will be a lot of loan signings out there before the end of the window, because clubs are going to want to get people off the wage bill."
Redknapp has disclosed that he used last week's international fixtures to indulge in a scouting mission, watching Italy's clash with Ivory Coast and Norway's meeting with France after advice from his scouts.
The Tottenham manager has also confirmed that William Gallas is on his radar, and he is not ruling out another loan deal for Eidur Gudjohnsen.
"I like Gallas, I think he's a great free transfer," said Redknapp. "It's a possibility. His people have rung up and we've spoken about it. He's a good player, he's an experienced player. He's been there, played at the top level and won championships with Chelsea.
"We had Eidur last year and loved him. It's still a possibility, I think they [Monaco] were still going to loan him out and I like him very much. I've just got a problem that I have got four strikers. He can play in the hole and he can do different jobs, but as a player and everything else I had a lot of time for him. I wouldn't say that one's dead. It's still a possibility, we'll have to wait and see.