Red carpet rolled out for Arab sheikh...and Hampstead school run
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Pram-pushing mothers at one Hampstead school could be forgiven for confusing the school run with a glitzy movie premiere this week.
Heathman was amused to see Hampstead Parochial School pupils and their parents emerging from the school and onto a waiting red carpet on Monday.
The school, in Holly Bush Vale, shares a walkway to its entrance with the Everyman Cinema which was hosting a special red carpet film screening on Monday.
As Everyman staff awaited the arrival of dignitaries, including Arab aristocracy, scores of parents and youngsters in their uniform strolled along the red carpet and under a colourful floral arch as they headed home for the day.
The cinema’s staff were relieved to clear the school run in time for the arrival of Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, a member of one of the six ruling families of the United Arab Emirates.
You may also want to watch:
The sheikh dropped in to support his daughter who produced documentary The Tainted Veil which was being screened.
Another typical school day in Hampstead...
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 8 London Marathon and charity event in aid of Diabetes UK
- 9 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road