Red carpet rolled out for Arab sheikh...and Hampstead school run
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Pram-pushing mothers at one Hampstead school could be forgiven for confusing the school run with a glitzy movie premiere this week.
Heathman was amused to see Hampstead Parochial School pupils and their parents emerging from the school and onto a waiting red carpet on Monday.
The school, in Holly Bush Vale, shares a walkway to its entrance with the Everyman Cinema which was hosting a special red carpet film screening on Monday.
As Everyman staff awaited the arrival of dignitaries, including Arab aristocracy, scores of parents and youngsters in their uniform strolled along the red carpet and under a colourful floral arch as they headed home for the day.
The cinema’s staff were relieved to clear the school run in time for the arrival of Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, a member of one of the six ruling families of the United Arab Emirates.
You may also want to watch:
The sheikh dropped in to support his daughter who produced documentary The Tainted Veil which was being screened.
Another typical school day in Hampstead...
- 1 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 2 Camden Town Brewery's new Bavarian Beer Hall opens in Kentish Town
- 3 What Paulo Fonseca means for Tottenham Hotspur?
- 4 Rift over nursery plan for play area outside of Hornsey block
- 5 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 6 Quality Indian take-away fresh from Crouch End's 'Bazaar'
- 7 Home of the Week: Four bedroom maisonette with period features for sale in Belsize Park
- 8 New headteachers at Harris Academy St John's Wood and Camden School for Girls
- 9 81-year-old paints her way to fourth book since lockdown
- 10 Former England star Nick Compton visits North London Cricket Club