Red carpet rolled out for Arab sheikh...and Hampstead school run
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Pram-pushing mothers at one Hampstead school could be forgiven for confusing the school run with a glitzy movie premiere this week.
Heathman was amused to see Hampstead Parochial School pupils and their parents emerging from the school and onto a waiting red carpet on Monday.
The school, in Holly Bush Vale, shares a walkway to its entrance with the Everyman Cinema which was hosting a special red carpet film screening on Monday.
As Everyman staff awaited the arrival of dignitaries, including Arab aristocracy, scores of parents and youngsters in their uniform strolled along the red carpet and under a colourful floral arch as they headed home for the day.
The cinema’s staff were relieved to clear the school run in time for the arrival of Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, a member of one of the six ruling families of the United Arab Emirates.
You may also want to watch:
The sheikh dropped in to support his daughter who produced documentary The Tainted Veil which was being screened.
Another typical school day in Hampstead...
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 6 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash