Red carpet rolled out for Arab sheikh...and Hampstead school run
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Pram-pushing mothers at one Hampstead school could be forgiven for confusing the school run with a glitzy movie premiere this week.
Heathman was amused to see Hampstead Parochial School pupils and their parents emerging from the school and onto a waiting red carpet on Monday.
The school, in Holly Bush Vale, shares a walkway to its entrance with the Everyman Cinema which was hosting a special red carpet film screening on Monday.
As Everyman staff awaited the arrival of dignitaries, including Arab aristocracy, scores of parents and youngsters in their uniform strolled along the red carpet and under a colourful floral arch as they headed home for the day.
The cinema’s staff were relieved to clear the school run in time for the arrival of Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, a member of one of the six ruling families of the United Arab Emirates.
You may also want to watch:
The sheikh dropped in to support his daughter who produced documentary The Tainted Veil which was being screened.
Another typical school day in Hampstead...
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 8 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 9 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'