Recipe with: Zen Noodle Bar, Chelmsford
Nam Lo and familyZen Noodle Bar, Chelmsford
NAM Lo and his family are sprinkling their own brand of spice around the county and beyond with their most recent opening of Zen Noodle Bar in Chelmsford. The restaurant adds to a stable of three others, China Blue a la carte in Colchester, China Chef one of the oldest in Colchester and the very first Zen Noodle Bar over the border in Bury St Edmunds.'Our Noodle Bars are a place to enjoy deliciously simple food, cooked to the highest standards,' explains Nam. With 120 seats available, and a hip vibe, Zen in Chelmsford is proving popular with groups of friends looking for a fun night out, gathering together along the wooden benches and all enjoying the steaming dishes. Zen is run by Nam's nephew Danny Kong and offers diners a choice of noodles, rice and side dishes, all delivered with great speed, sizzling to your table.Chicken and black bean sauce
Ingredients1 piece of boneless chicken breast 1/2 tbsp sliced garlic5 slices of ginger2 tbsp fermented black bean1 sliced onion1 sliced red chilli
Marinade:1 egg white1/2 tsp salt1 tsp light soya sauce1/4 tsp pepper1 tbsp water1 tbsp corn flour
Seasoning:1/2 tbsp oyster sauce1 tsp light soya sauce
You may also want to watch:
1 tsp dark soya sauce1 tsp sugar1/2 tsp sesame oil2 tbsp water1 tsp corn flour mixed with 2 tbsp water, for thickening
To prepare:1 Combine the chicken breast with marinade and season for 30 minutes. Deep-fry in hot oil until golden brown. Dish and drain.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 Ken Clarke's Infected Blood Inquiry words were 'offensive' – campaigners
- 10 Letter on shopping for one!
2 Heat up 1 tbsp oil, saut� garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add in fermented black beans and stir-fry until aromatic.
3 Add in the onion, red chilli and stir well. Add in seasoning, sliced chicken and mix well. Thicken with corn flour and serve.Get the tasteZen Noodle Bar86-87 Duke StreetChelmsfordCM1 1JP01245 353899