Recipe: Warm Mixed Mushrooms on Toasted Brioche
This is the ultimate luxury version of mushrooms on toast! Janet used parsley and lemon juice to finish off the dish simply, but if you're feeling indulgent a dash of cream or crme frache would be nice and for breakfast it's also delicious topped with a poached egg and a drizzle of hollandaise.
4 slices of day old brioche250g mixed mushrooms (Janet used: yellow and grey oyster, shiitake, nameko, chestnut, crimini and pholiota)25g butterDash olive oil3tbsp chopped flat leaf parsleyHalf a lemon
1. Roughly chop the mushrooms and heat the butter in a large heavy-based frying pan until foaming.
2. Add a dash of olive oil and then the mushrooms and sauté until tender and lightly brown.
You may also want to watch:
3. Remove from the heat, squeeze the lemon juice over, stir in the parsley and season to taste.
4. Toast the brioche and top with the mixed mushrooms.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 6 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash