Recipe: Warm Mixed Mushrooms on Toasted Brioche
This is the ultimate luxury version of mushrooms on toast! Janet used parsley and lemon juice to finish off the dish simply, but if you're feeling indulgent a dash of cream or crme frache would be nice and for breakfast it's also delicious topped with a poached egg and a drizzle of hollandaise.
4 slices of day old brioche250g mixed mushrooms (Janet used: yellow and grey oyster, shiitake, nameko, chestnut, crimini and pholiota)25g butterDash olive oil3tbsp chopped flat leaf parsleyHalf a lemon
1. Roughly chop the mushrooms and heat the butter in a large heavy-based frying pan until foaming.
2. Add a dash of olive oil and then the mushrooms and sauté until tender and lightly brown.
You may also want to watch:
3. Remove from the heat, squeeze the lemon juice over, stir in the parsley and season to taste.
4. Toast the brioche and top with the mixed mushrooms.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate