Recipe: Warm Mixed Mushrooms on Toasted Brioche
This is the ultimate luxury version of mushrooms on toast! Janet used parsley and lemon juice to finish off the dish simply, but if you're feeling indulgent a dash of cream or crme frache would be nice and for breakfast it's also delicious topped with a poached egg and a drizzle of hollandaise.
4 slices of day old brioche250g mixed mushrooms (Janet used: yellow and grey oyster, shiitake, nameko, chestnut, crimini and pholiota)25g butterDash olive oil3tbsp chopped flat leaf parsleyHalf a lemon
1. Roughly chop the mushrooms and heat the butter in a large heavy-based frying pan until foaming.
2. Add a dash of olive oil and then the mushrooms and sauté until tender and lightly brown.
You may also want to watch:
3. Remove from the heat, squeeze the lemon juice over, stir in the parsley and season to taste.
4. Toast the brioche and top with the mixed mushrooms.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United