Recipe: Spiced potato parcels with mixed seasonal vegetables
Cooking vegetables in a parcel made from baking parchment or greaseproof paper is a healthy option and allows you to bring together a variety of flavours.
Lightly parboil the potatoes first before sealing them in between two sheets of paper with a selection of other vegetables and herbs and a light coating of oil and balsamic vinegar.
225 g potatoes (2 large ones) peeled, cut into chunks and lightly parboiled
You may also want to watch:
1 leek, 1 parsnip, 1 onion, 1 carrot,
Cut into chunks
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 4 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 9 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
1 sliced red pepper
4 cloves garlic, 1 sprig rosemary, seasoning, two tablespoons of oil and balsamic vinegar
Lightly parboil the potatoes and prepare the other vegetables. Toss the vegetables together in the oil, balsamic vinegar and seasoning. Place a sheet of baking paper in the base of a roasting dish and spoon in all the vegetables along with your herbs and seasoning. Lay another baking sheet over the top and fold the edges together. Bake in a pre-heated oven, 180°C, gas mark 4, for around 1 hour. To crisp up the potatoes remove the top sheet for the last 20 minutes.
Vegetables roasted in this way retain their flavour and with the added fragrance of the herbs are a delicious option along side the baked salmon or cold meats left over from the Christmas and New Year’s parties. As a vegetarian option they are excellent when served with a winter salad and lemon mayonnaise.