Recipe: Spiced potato parcels with mixed seasonal vegetables
Cooking vegetables in a parcel made from baking parchment or greaseproof paper is a healthy option and allows you to bring together a variety of flavours.
Lightly parboil the potatoes first before sealing them in between two sheets of paper with a selection of other vegetables and herbs and a light coating of oil and balsamic vinegar.
225 g potatoes (2 large ones) peeled, cut into chunks and lightly parboiled
You may also want to watch:
1 leek, 1 parsnip, 1 onion, 1 carrot,
Cut into chunks
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 3 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 4 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 5 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 6 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green
- 7 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 8 Tim Burton's former Primrose Hill home on the market for £20m
- 9 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 10 'Now we hope for the best' – independent traders in Muswell Hill
1 sliced red pepper
4 cloves garlic, 1 sprig rosemary, seasoning, two tablespoons of oil and balsamic vinegar
Lightly parboil the potatoes and prepare the other vegetables. Toss the vegetables together in the oil, balsamic vinegar and seasoning. Place a sheet of baking paper in the base of a roasting dish and spoon in all the vegetables along with your herbs and seasoning. Lay another baking sheet over the top and fold the edges together. Bake in a pre-heated oven, 180°C, gas mark 4, for around 1 hour. To crisp up the potatoes remove the top sheet for the last 20 minutes.
Vegetables roasted in this way retain their flavour and with the added fragrance of the herbs are a delicious option along side the baked salmon or cold meats left over from the Christmas and New Year’s parties. As a vegetarian option they are excellent when served with a winter salad and lemon mayonnaise.