Recipe: Spiced potato parcels with mixed seasonal vegetables
Cooking vegetables in a parcel made from baking parchment or greaseproof paper is a healthy option and allows you to bring together a variety of flavours.
Lightly parboil the potatoes first before sealing them in between two sheets of paper with a selection of other vegetables and herbs and a light coating of oil and balsamic vinegar.
225 g potatoes (2 large ones) peeled, cut into chunks and lightly parboiled
You may also want to watch:
1 leek, 1 parsnip, 1 onion, 1 carrot,
Cut into chunks
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 4 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
1 sliced red pepper
4 cloves garlic, 1 sprig rosemary, seasoning, two tablespoons of oil and balsamic vinegar
Lightly parboil the potatoes and prepare the other vegetables. Toss the vegetables together in the oil, balsamic vinegar and seasoning. Place a sheet of baking paper in the base of a roasting dish and spoon in all the vegetables along with your herbs and seasoning. Lay another baking sheet over the top and fold the edges together. Bake in a pre-heated oven, 180°C, gas mark 4, for around 1 hour. To crisp up the potatoes remove the top sheet for the last 20 minutes.
Vegetables roasted in this way retain their flavour and with the added fragrance of the herbs are a delicious option along side the baked salmon or cold meats left over from the Christmas and New Year’s parties. As a vegetarian option they are excellent when served with a winter salad and lemon mayonnaise.