Recipe: Seared Saffron Scallops with Cuttlefish Ink Spaghetti
Ingrediants 6 large scallops with the coral attached 150g spaghetti 450ml double cream 150ml white wine 2 tsps olive oil 10g butter 1 small shallot Large pinch saffron strands or saffron powder
1. Finely chop the shallot, heat the butter in a small pan and gently cook the shallot until it is softened but not coloured.
2. Add the wine and cook for 2-3 minutes until almost evaporated.
3. Add the double cream and saffron and bubble until it forms a thick smooth sauce then season to taste.
4. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti for 10-12 minutes or according to packet instructions.
You may also want to watch:
5. In the meantime cook the scallops: heat the oil in a large frying pan and sear the scallops on each side (for approximately 2-3 minutes in total) so that the white flesh is golden brown but not over cooked.
6. When the spaghetti is cooked, drain and place on serving plates, combine the scallops and the saffron sauce and pour over the spaghetti.
- 1 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 2 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 9 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 10 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
7. Dust with a little more powdered saffron and serve.