Recipe: Seared Saffron Scallops with Cuttlefish Ink Spaghetti
Ingrediants 6 large scallops with the coral attached 150g spaghetti 450ml double cream 150ml white wine 2 tsps olive oil 10g butter 1 small shallot Large pinch saffron strands or saffron powder
1. Finely chop the shallot, heat the butter in a small pan and gently cook the shallot until it is softened but not coloured.
2. Add the wine and cook for 2-3 minutes until almost evaporated.
3. Add the double cream and saffron and bubble until it forms a thick smooth sauce then season to taste.
4. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti for 10-12 minutes or according to packet instructions.
You may also want to watch:
5. In the meantime cook the scallops: heat the oil in a large frying pan and sear the scallops on each side (for approximately 2-3 minutes in total) so that the white flesh is golden brown but not over cooked.
6. When the spaghetti is cooked, drain and place on serving plates, combine the scallops and the saffron sauce and pour over the spaghetti.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
7. Dust with a little more powdered saffron and serve.