Recipe: Seared Saffron Scallops with Cuttlefish Ink Spaghetti
Ingrediants 6 large scallops with the coral attached 150g spaghetti 450ml double cream 150ml white wine 2 tsps olive oil 10g butter 1 small shallot Large pinch saffron strands or saffron powder
1. Finely chop the shallot, heat the butter in a small pan and gently cook the shallot until it is softened but not coloured.
2. Add the wine and cook for 2-3 minutes until almost evaporated.
3. Add the double cream and saffron and bubble until it forms a thick smooth sauce then season to taste.
4. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti for 10-12 minutes or according to packet instructions.
You may also want to watch:
5. In the meantime cook the scallops: heat the oil in a large frying pan and sear the scallops on each side (for approximately 2-3 minutes in total) so that the white flesh is golden brown but not over cooked.
6. When the spaghetti is cooked, drain and place on serving plates, combine the scallops and the saffron sauce and pour over the spaghetti.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
7. Dust with a little more powdered saffron and serve.