Recipe: Seared Saffron Scallops with Cuttlefish Ink Spaghetti
Ingrediants 6 large scallops with the coral attached 150g spaghetti 450ml double cream 150ml white wine 2 tsps olive oil 10g butter 1 small shallot Large pinch saffron strands or saffron powder
1. Finely chop the shallot, heat the butter in a small pan and gently cook the shallot until it is softened but not coloured.
2. Add the wine and cook for 2-3 minutes until almost evaporated.
3. Add the double cream and saffron and bubble until it forms a thick smooth sauce then season to taste.
4. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti for 10-12 minutes or according to packet instructions.
You may also want to watch:
5. In the meantime cook the scallops: heat the oil in a large frying pan and sear the scallops on each side (for approximately 2-3 minutes in total) so that the white flesh is golden brown but not over cooked.
6. When the spaghetti is cooked, drain and place on serving plates, combine the scallops and the saffron sauce and pour over the spaghetti.
- 1 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 2 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 3 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 4 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 5 Capita review could see Barnet Council services return in-house
- 6 Food Bank Aid joins estate agent in fight to keep up with demand
- 7 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
- 8 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 9 Birthday Honours: Gongs for Arlene Phillips, Jonathan Pryce and Engelbert Humperdinck
- 10 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
7. Dust with a little more powdered saffron and serve.