Recipe: Seared Saffron Scallops with Cuttlefish Ink Spaghetti
Ingrediants 6 large scallops with the coral attached 150g spaghetti 450ml double cream 150ml white wine 2 tsps olive oil 10g butter 1 small shallot Large pinch saffron strands or saffron powder
1. Finely chop the shallot, heat the butter in a small pan and gently cook the shallot until it is softened but not coloured.
2. Add the wine and cook for 2-3 minutes until almost evaporated.
3. Add the double cream and saffron and bubble until it forms a thick smooth sauce then season to taste.
4. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti for 10-12 minutes or according to packet instructions.
5. In the meantime cook the scallops: heat the oil in a large frying pan and sear the scallops on each side (for approximately 2-3 minutes in total) so that the white flesh is golden brown but not over cooked.
6. When the spaghetti is cooked, drain and place on serving plates, combine the scallops and the saffron sauce and pour over the spaghetti.
- 1 Ashling Murphy: Camden pays tribute to murdered primary school teacher
- 2 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 3 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 4 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 5 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 6 How a stray Hampstead cat changed the life of artist Louis Wain
- 7 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary
- 8 How the battle for Hampstead Heath inspired the National Trust
- 9 Guilty: Woman stirred up racial hatred with social media posts on Grenfell
- 10 Fire brigade extinguish St Pancras station electrical fire
7. Dust with a little more powdered saffron and serve.