Recipe: Sausage, Pancetta and Sprout Kebabs
This is a novel and fun way of cooking a couple of side dishes in one go and the brussel sprouts take on the lovely meaty flavour of the crispy pancetta. To save extra time you could even thread a couple of stuffing balls onto the skewers too!
Makes 6 kebabs.
250g good quality cocktail sausages100g thinly sliced pancetta240g brussel sprouts
1. Blanch the brussel sprouts in a pan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes, drain and refresh in a bowl of iced water to stop them cooking.
2. Drain again and gently pat dry with kitchen towels.
You may also want to watch:
3. Wrap each brussel sprout in a rasher of pancetta and thread onto wooden skewers, alternate the pancetta wrapped sprouts with the cocktail sausages.
4. Place in a non-stick roasting tin and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the pancetta is crispy and the sausages browned and cooked right through.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 8 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate