Recipe: Sausage, Pancetta and Sprout Kebabs
This is a novel and fun way of cooking a couple of side dishes in one go and the brussel sprouts take on the lovely meaty flavour of the crispy pancetta. To save extra time you could even thread a couple of stuffing balls onto the skewers too!
Makes 6 kebabs.
250g good quality cocktail sausages100g thinly sliced pancetta240g brussel sprouts
1. Blanch the brussel sprouts in a pan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes, drain and refresh in a bowl of iced water to stop them cooking.
2. Drain again and gently pat dry with kitchen towels.
You may also want to watch:
3. Wrap each brussel sprout in a rasher of pancetta and thread onto wooden skewers, alternate the pancetta wrapped sprouts with the cocktail sausages.
4. Place in a non-stick roasting tin and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the pancetta is crispy and the sausages browned and cooked right through.
- 1 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 9 Letters: The floods!
- 10 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps