Recipe: Roasted sweet potato smash
1-1/2 pounds (.7 kg) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces1 large baking apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 8 pieces2 teaspoons (10 mL) fresh ginger, grated1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) ground cinnamon1/8 teaspoon (1/2 mL) ground cardamom1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) salt1 teaspoon (5 mL) vegetable oil1/2 cup (125 mL) Vanilla Ensure®
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 9 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 10 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.2. In a medium cast-iron frying pan or oven-safe frying pan, combine sweet potatoes, apple bits, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, salt, and oil. Toss together.3. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and slightly caramelized. (If potatoes are sticking to the pan, carefully add a few tablespoons of water.)4. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl, add Ensure and mash with potato masher. Serve hot.