Recipe: Roasted sweet potato smash
1-1/2 pounds (.7 kg) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces1 large baking apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 8 pieces2 teaspoons (10 mL) fresh ginger, grated1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) ground cinnamon1/8 teaspoon (1/2 mL) ground cardamom1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) salt1 teaspoon (5 mL) vegetable oil1/2 cup (125 mL) Vanilla Ensure®
- 1 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 2 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 3 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 4 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 5 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 6 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 7 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 8 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 9 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 10 'Superior York stone’ to be laid in Hornsey Town Hall Square
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.2. In a medium cast-iron frying pan or oven-safe frying pan, combine sweet potatoes, apple bits, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, salt, and oil. Toss together.3. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and slightly caramelized. (If potatoes are sticking to the pan, carefully add a few tablespoons of water.)4. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl, add Ensure and mash with potato masher. Serve hot.