Recipe: Roasted sweet potato smash
1-1/2 pounds (.7 kg) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces1 large baking apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 8 pieces2 teaspoons (10 mL) fresh ginger, grated1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) ground cinnamon1/8 teaspoon (1/2 mL) ground cardamom1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) salt1 teaspoon (5 mL) vegetable oil1/2 cup (125 mL) Vanilla Ensure®
- 1 Police called to 'youth with knife trying to climb school gates'
- 2 Unarmed man shot by police during prison break was ‘lawfully killed’
- 3 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 4 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 5 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 6 Elvis Presley songwriter and former Ham&High columnist dies aged 82
- 7 'Hostility for LGBT+ people': Mike Freer resigns from Boris Johnson's government
- 8 George Michael’s Highgate piano sells for £200,000
- 9 Night-time fishing suspended at Vale of Health following 'antisocial behaviour'
- 10 Father's fear autistic son will 'dive through' window of unsafe West Hampstead home
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.2. In a medium cast-iron frying pan or oven-safe frying pan, combine sweet potatoes, apple bits, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, salt, and oil. Toss together.3. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and slightly caramelized. (If potatoes are sticking to the pan, carefully add a few tablespoons of water.)4. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl, add Ensure and mash with potato masher. Serve hot.