Recipe: Roasted sweet potato smash
1-1/2 pounds (.7 kg) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces1 large baking apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 8 pieces2 teaspoons (10 mL) fresh ginger, grated1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) ground cinnamon1/8 teaspoon (1/2 mL) ground cardamom1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) salt1 teaspoon (5 mL) vegetable oil1/2 cup (125 mL) Vanilla Ensure®
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 3 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 4 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 7 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 8 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 9 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 10 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.2. In a medium cast-iron frying pan or oven-safe frying pan, combine sweet potatoes, apple bits, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, salt, and oil. Toss together.3. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and slightly caramelized. (If potatoes are sticking to the pan, carefully add a few tablespoons of water.)4. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl, add Ensure and mash with potato masher. Serve hot.