Recipe: Rainbow linguine with a quick fresh tomato sauce
350g small or cherry tomatoes
1 fat clove garlic
You may also want to watch:
Small handful of fresh basil
Grating of nutmeg
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 5 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 6 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 7 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 8 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 9 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 10 'You're welcome here': Best pals, 12, make care packages for Afghan refugees
1. Gently heat the butter in a heavy based pan
2. Halve the tomatoes, tear= the basil leaves and very finely chop the clove of garlic.
3. When the butter is foaming add the tomatoes, garlic and basil and cook on a low heat until the tomatoes have softened and rendered their juices.
4. Remove from the heat, add a grating of nutmeg and season to taste. If the tomatoes are a little sharp add a pinch of sugar.
5. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and serve with the tomato sauce spooned over.
6. A drizzle of crème fraiche or a squeeze of lemon juice will add another dimension to the flavour of the sauce.