Recipe: Rainbow linguine with a quick fresh tomato sauce
350g small or cherry tomatoes
1 fat clove garlic
You may also want to watch:
Small handful of fresh basil
Grating of nutmeg
- 1 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 2 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 3 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 4 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 5 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 10 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park
1. Gently heat the butter in a heavy based pan
2. Halve the tomatoes, tear= the basil leaves and very finely chop the clove of garlic.
3. When the butter is foaming add the tomatoes, garlic and basil and cook on a low heat until the tomatoes have softened and rendered their juices.
4. Remove from the heat, add a grating of nutmeg and season to taste. If the tomatoes are a little sharp add a pinch of sugar.
5. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and serve with the tomato sauce spooned over.
6. A drizzle of crème fraiche or a squeeze of lemon juice will add another dimension to the flavour of the sauce.