Recipe: Rainbow linguine with a quick fresh tomato sauce
350g small or cherry tomatoes
1 fat clove garlic
You may also want to watch:
Small handful of fresh basil
Grating of nutmeg
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 7 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
1. Gently heat the butter in a heavy based pan
2. Halve the tomatoes, tear= the basil leaves and very finely chop the clove of garlic.
3. When the butter is foaming add the tomatoes, garlic and basil and cook on a low heat until the tomatoes have softened and rendered their juices.
4. Remove from the heat, add a grating of nutmeg and season to taste. If the tomatoes are a little sharp add a pinch of sugar.
5. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and serve with the tomato sauce spooned over.
6. A drizzle of crème fraiche or a squeeze of lemon juice will add another dimension to the flavour of the sauce.