Recipe: Poached chicken breast with asparagus mousse
Make this delicious summer dish devised by Wayne Herrington, chef de partie at The Fox Inn, Bury St Edmunds
Ingredients 4 free range corn fed chicken breasts300gms asparagus2 free range eggs50ml double cream3 white onions16 new potatoes100ml white wine Salt and pepper to tasteA little olive oil for cooking
For the sauce 100ml double cream50ml white wine 2 shallots10g chopped tarragonSalt and pepper to taste
Asparagus MousseFill a pan with water and a pinch of salt and bring to the boil.Once water is boiling add asparagus making sure water remains boiling and cook until tender.Remove from pan, pat dry with a cloth and allow to slightly cool.Place half the asparagus aside for use later and put the other half in a blender and blitz.Add the eggs to the blender and blitz for 30 seconds then add the cream and blitz for a further 30 seconds. Season to taste, remove from blender, put into a piping bag and place in fridge to cool.
Lyonnais PotatoesPre heat a pan to medium heat. Finely chop the onions and put into pan with a dash of olive oil, cook on a medium heat until soft. Add wine and cover, leave on a low heat for 50 minutes stirring occasionally.Cook your potatoes in a pan of boiling water until soft, drain and cut into quarters.Fry the potatoes in a pan with a little olive oil until golden add onions and cook for a further 3 mins then serve.Chicken breastWith a small long knife make a hole through the length of each breast just big enough to put your finger in. Fill the chicken breast with the asparagus mousse mixture.Roll each chicken breast individually with cling film making sure it is tight and place in a pan of boiling water for approximately 20 mins.Remove from cling film and slice ready to serve.
Tarragon saucePeel and dice the shallots, put into a pre heated pan with a little olive oilCook until transparent .Add white wine and reduce by half then add the cream and a pinch of salt and reduce by a third. Add the chopped tarragon before serving.
- 1 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 2 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 3 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 4 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 5 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 6 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 7 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 8 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
- 9 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 10 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
Arrange on a plate neatly and garnish with a little watercress or any small green leaf lettuce.Serve with a crisp Sauvignon Blanc, or if you prefer red, try with a Beaujolais or Pinot Noir.
Recipe by Wayne Herrington, Chef de Partie at The Fox Inn, Restaurant & Rooms, Bury St Edmunds Tel: 01284 705 562 www.thefoxinnbury.co.uk