Recipe: Organic pork in blackberry and red wine gravy
Organic pork in blackberry and red wine gravy
For the pork
1 tbsp olive oil
100g organic pork fillet
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
You may also want to watch:
1 tsp honey
For the sauce
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 4 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 8 All's Well That Ends Well – al fresco
- 9 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 10 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
100ml red wine
1 tbsp milk
2 tsp sugar
Pre-heat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. For the pork: heat oil in an ovenproof pan. Season pork with salt and pepper, drizzle with honey and place in pan. Cook on both sides to brown the meat. Transfer pan to oven and cook for 2-3 mins, or until cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to rest.
For the sauce: place all sauce ingredients in a saucepan and cook over a medium heat for two mins. Blend sauce with a hand blender, or transfer to a food processor to blend. To serve, gently warm sauce in necessary, place pork on a plate with sauce spooned over.