Recipe: Organic pork in blackberry and red wine gravy
Organic pork in blackberry and red wine gravy
For the pork
1 tbsp olive oil
100g organic pork fillet
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
You may also want to watch:
1 tsp honey
For the sauce
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 Hampstead and Highgate entrepreneurs to launch crime-tracking app Curbism
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
100ml red wine
1 tbsp milk
2 tsp sugar
Pre-heat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. For the pork: heat oil in an ovenproof pan. Season pork with salt and pepper, drizzle with honey and place in pan. Cook on both sides to brown the meat. Transfer pan to oven and cook for 2-3 mins, or until cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to rest.
For the sauce: place all sauce ingredients in a saucepan and cook over a medium heat for two mins. Blend sauce with a hand blender, or transfer to a food processor to blend. To serve, gently warm sauce in necessary, place pork on a plate with sauce spooned over.