Recipe: Organic pork in blackberry and red wine gravy
Organic pork in blackberry and red wine gravy
For the pork
1 tbsp olive oil
100g organic pork fillet
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
You may also want to watch:
1 tsp honey
For the sauce
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 6 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 7 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 8 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
100ml red wine
1 tbsp milk
2 tsp sugar
Pre-heat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. For the pork: heat oil in an ovenproof pan. Season pork with salt and pepper, drizzle with honey and place in pan. Cook on both sides to brown the meat. Transfer pan to oven and cook for 2-3 mins, or until cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to rest.
For the sauce: place all sauce ingredients in a saucepan and cook over a medium heat for two mins. Blend sauce with a hand blender, or transfer to a food processor to blend. To serve, gently warm sauce in necessary, place pork on a plate with sauce spooned over.