Recipe: Organic pork in blackberry and red wine gravy
Organic pork in blackberry and red wine gravy
For the pork
1 tbsp olive oil
100g organic pork fillet
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp honey
For the sauce
- 1 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 2 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 3 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 5 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 6 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 7 Infected Blood Inquiry: Transfusion centre was 'disaster zone'
- 8 Villa Bianca brings the Christmas cheer to Hampstead
- 9 Haringey Council makes senior leadership appointments
- 10 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
100ml red wine
1 tbsp milk
2 tsp sugar
Pre-heat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. For the pork: heat oil in an ovenproof pan. Season pork with salt and pepper, drizzle with honey and place in pan. Cook on both sides to brown the meat. Transfer pan to oven and cook for 2-3 mins, or until cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to rest.
For the sauce: place all sauce ingredients in a saucepan and cook over a medium heat for two mins. Blend sauce with a hand blender, or transfer to a food processor to blend. To serve, gently warm sauce in necessary, place pork on a plate with sauce spooned over.