Recipe of the month
Kentish seasonal recipe of the month
Friday Street Farm asparagus with crispy quail egg
500 gm Blanched Friday Street Farm asparagus
2 Large English onions, sliced
You may also want to watch:
10 gm Each of Rosemary and Thyme
150 gm Unsalted English butter
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
2 litres Chicken stock
100 ml Double cream
200 gm Fresh breadcrumbs
12 Quail eggs
100 ml White wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to season
Warm a large saucepan on a low heat. Add half the butter and sliced onions, cook gently for 10 minutes until onions are softened. Add chicken stock, rosemary and thyme. Bring to the boil and reduce by half. Add the double cream and asparagus. Bring back to the boil and using a hand held blender, blend until smooth. Season and chill.
Bring a pan of water to the boil. Put the vinegar in a bowl and gently break the quail eggs into a bowl so that the yolks do not break. Leave for five minutes so that the acidity of the vinegar starts to cook the whites, making them easier to cook. Gently lower the eggs into the boiling water, stir for 30 seconds and remove from the heat into a bowl of cold water to chill. Remove the quail eggs once chilled and roll in the breadcrumbs until evenly coated. Set aside.
The soup can be served chilled or warm. To serve deep fry the quail eggs for one minute. Place three in each bowl and pour the soup over. Serve immediately.