Recipe: Hallowe'en cupcakes
For the cupcakes
2oz soft bown sugar
8oz golden sugar
You may also want to watch:
8 oz self-raising flour
Melt butter and syrup in saucepan (don’t boil), sift together the flour and sugar in mixing bowl. Beat in the cooled syrup and butter mixture, then mix in the beaten eggs. Pour the mixture into 12 large muffin cases
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 4 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 7 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 8 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 9 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 10 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
Bake at 180c for 35-40 mins
4oz softened butter
8oz icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
3oz double cream
4oz dark brown sugar
Melt cream, butter and sugar in pan and boil for five minutes. Beat the butter and icing sugar with the vanilla essence until light and fluffy. Add two tbsps of cooled topping and pipe onto cooled cupcakes. Pipe the rest of the toffee mixture onto the cakes, and decorate.