Recipe: Cinnamon Scented Rice
One bottle (8oz/235 mL) Vanilla milkshake, chilled2 teaspoons (10 mL) vegetable oil2/3 cup (150 mL) white basmati rice2 green or brown cardamom pods (or 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) ground cardamom)3 whole cloves1 bay leafOne cinnamon stick, broken in half (or 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon)1/4 teaspoon salt (1 mL) 2/3 cup water (150 mL)
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 4 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 5 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 10 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.2. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.3. Add rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to toast the rice.4. Add cardamom, cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, and salt, and continue to stir.5. Add water and bring to a simmer.6. Add Ensure and continue to cook until it begins to simmer. (Do not allow the mixture to come to a boil.)7. Remove from the heat.8. Pour the mixture into an 8 x 8 oven-safe baking dish.9. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. 10. Place on the middle rack of the oven and cook for 30 minutes.11. Check the rice. It may need an additional 5 minutes to absorb all of the liquid.12. Remove from the oven. Allow the rice to steam covered for 5 minutes.13. Remove the cover.14. Fluff the rice with a fork before serving.