Recipe: Cinnamon Scented Rice
One bottle (8oz/235 mL) Vanilla milkshake, chilled2 teaspoons (10 mL) vegetable oil2/3 cup (150 mL) white basmati rice2 green or brown cardamom pods (or 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) ground cardamom)3 whole cloves1 bay leafOne cinnamon stick, broken in half (or 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon)1/4 teaspoon salt (1 mL) 2/3 cup water (150 mL)
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 4 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 7 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 8 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 9 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.2. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.3. Add rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to toast the rice.4. Add cardamom, cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, and salt, and continue to stir.5. Add water and bring to a simmer.6. Add Ensure and continue to cook until it begins to simmer. (Do not allow the mixture to come to a boil.)7. Remove from the heat.8. Pour the mixture into an 8 x 8 oven-safe baking dish.9. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. 10. Place on the middle rack of the oven and cook for 30 minutes.11. Check the rice. It may need an additional 5 minutes to absorb all of the liquid.12. Remove from the oven. Allow the rice to steam covered for 5 minutes.13. Remove the cover.14. Fluff the rice with a fork before serving.