Recipe: Banana tiramisu
1 bottle (8oz/235 mL) Ensure®* Vanilla, chilled1 3½-ounce (100 mL) package instant banana pudding1/2 cup (125 mL) cold skim milk8 ounces (250 g) fat-free cream cheese, softened cup (125 mL) fat-free sour cream1 cup (250 mL) fat-free whipped topping¼ cup (50 mL) fresh orange juice cup (50 mL) water16 ladyfingers (3 ounces) (90 g) ounce (7 g) dark chocolate shavings2 whole medium bananas, peeled and cut into thin slices(Reserve several slices of banana for a garnish.)White and dark chocolate curls (optional)Fresh mint (optional)
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 9 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 10 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
1. Pour dry pudding mix into a bowl. Add the Ensure and milk. Whisk by hand for 2 minutes or until mixture is thick and smooth. Set aside.2. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer for 1 to 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add sour cream and beat for 30 seconds. Reduce speed to low, pour in the pudding mixture, and mix until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and banana slices.3. Combine the orange juice and water in a small, shallow bowl. Dip each ladyfinger in the juice mixture and arrange 8 ladyfingers in the bottom of an 8 x 8-inch baking pan. Spread with half of the banana cream (about 2 cups/500 mL). Repeat with remaining ladyfingers, juice, and banana cream. (This dessert also can be assembled in individual stemmed glasses.)4. Sprinkle with the chocolate shavings, cover, and chill for 4 to 24 hours.5. To serve, cut into 8 portions. Arrange slices of banana on each serving and garnish with optional chocolate curls and/or mint. Store covered in the refrigerator.