Readers invited to support Macmillan woodside walk
I would like to ask your readers to take part in a fundraising walk to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support. We have organised a three mile and a six mile walk through Hampstead Heath on Sunday 19 April, and are hoping to raise �15,000 from the event.
I would like to ask your readers to take part in a fundraising walk to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support. We have organised a three mile and a six mile walk through Hampstead Heath on Sunday 19 April, and are hoping to raise �15,000 from the event. The walk ends in the Dartmouth Arms Pub- a fantastic venue and really local to the Heath.
If you can't make the April 19 walk, why not organise your own event and donate the money raised to Macmillan?! You can organise whatever kind of walk you want, whether that's a challenging trek in the country or a sight seeing stroll through the city. You could even get creative and organise a walk with an unusual twist, perhaps getting participants to wear fancy dress, or even form a huge conga line!
All the money raised will be used to fund Macmillan's vital cancer services, from specialist nurses and doctors, to help and advice for people who have financial problems as a result of their cancer.
To register for the Hampstead Heath Woodland Walk or to find out about hosting a walk of your own visit www.macmillan.org.uk/walking or call 0208 563 9699.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 4 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 5 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 6 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 7 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 8 Theatre review: Crouch End and Upminster collide in modern love story
- 9 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
Macmillan Cancer Support
4th Floor, Cambridge House