Readers invited to support Macmillan woodside walk
I would like to ask your readers to take part in a fundraising walk to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support. We have organised a three mile and a six mile walk through Hampstead Heath on Sunday 19 April, and are hoping to raise �15,000 from the event.
I would like to ask your readers to take part in a fundraising walk to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support. We have organised a three mile and a six mile walk through Hampstead Heath on Sunday 19 April, and are hoping to raise �15,000 from the event. The walk ends in the Dartmouth Arms Pub- a fantastic venue and really local to the Heath.
If you can't make the April 19 walk, why not organise your own event and donate the money raised to Macmillan?! You can organise whatever kind of walk you want, whether that's a challenging trek in the country or a sight seeing stroll through the city. You could even get creative and organise a walk with an unusual twist, perhaps getting participants to wear fancy dress, or even form a huge conga line!
All the money raised will be used to fund Macmillan's vital cancer services, from specialist nurses and doctors, to help and advice for people who have financial problems as a result of their cancer.
To register for the Hampstead Heath Woodland Walk or to find out about hosting a walk of your own visit www.macmillan.org.uk/walking or call 0208 563 9699.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 3 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 4 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 5 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 10 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
Macmillan Cancer Support
4th Floor, Cambridge House