Ray Mears challenges you to a cross-channel adventure
As everyone knows I am a great adventurer. Let me tell you about a great new challenge which will give your readers the opportunity to embrace the great outdoors , meet new people, as well as visit a buzzing cultural hotspot. This Summer Help the Aged
As everyone knows I am a great adventurer. Let me tell you about a great new challenge which will give your readers the opportunity to embrace the 'great outdoors', meet new people, as well as visit a buzzing cultural hotspot.
This Summer Help the Aged are organising their first ever Cycle London to Amsterdam and I urge you to take part.
This exhilarating three-day adventure takes place from Friday 19th to Monday 22nd September and will challenge participants to cycle 300k from London to Amsterdam - the cycling capital of Europe - over a long weekend to raise vital funds for disadvantaged older people.
This event kicks off in London with cyclists crossing the beautiful Essex countryside before a ferry ride from Harwich. On day two, they will cycle along the bracing Dutch coastline to the fishing port of Scheveningen and then through Kennemerduinen Nature Reserve. The final day of the challenge leads to Amsterdam's Vondelpark where participants can relax before sharing their experiences at a celebratory dinner that evening to mark their tremendous achievement!
As Spring arrives there is plenty of time to train for the event with longer days and warmer evenings, and, as cycling is an activity that most people can easily fit into their everyday lives - for example, cycling to work - there really are no excuses! There's also the added feel-good factor of the challenge being carbon neutral, so it's environmentally friendly too!
Cycle London to Amsterdam is open to anyone over the age of 18 and requires a £99 deposit and a commitment to raise £1,150 in sponsorship. Help the Aged will support you every step of the way with training and fundraising. Also, if you sign up before mid-June you and a friend can join the team for just £99!
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 3 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 4 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 5 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 6 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 7 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 8 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 9 Grease: 'High energy fun but I'm not hopelessly devoted'
- 10 The Burnt City: stunning but elusive take on Trojan War
If you love travel and adventure, this is right up your street!
Adventurer and Help the Aged Cycle to Amsterdam Ambassador
Help the Aged