Ray Mears challenges you to a cross-channel adventure
As everyone knows I am a great adventurer. Let me tell you about a great new challenge which will give your readers the opportunity to embrace the great outdoors , meet new people, as well as visit a buzzing cultural hotspot. This Summer Help the Aged
As everyone knows I am a great adventurer. Let me tell you about a great new challenge which will give your readers the opportunity to embrace the 'great outdoors', meet new people, as well as visit a buzzing cultural hotspot.
This Summer Help the Aged are organising their first ever Cycle London to Amsterdam and I urge you to take part.
This exhilarating three-day adventure takes place from Friday 19th to Monday 22nd September and will challenge participants to cycle 300k from London to Amsterdam - the cycling capital of Europe - over a long weekend to raise vital funds for disadvantaged older people.
This event kicks off in London with cyclists crossing the beautiful Essex countryside before a ferry ride from Harwich. On day two, they will cycle along the bracing Dutch coastline to the fishing port of Scheveningen and then through Kennemerduinen Nature Reserve. The final day of the challenge leads to Amsterdam's Vondelpark where participants can relax before sharing their experiences at a celebratory dinner that evening to mark their tremendous achievement!
You may also want to watch:
As Spring arrives there is plenty of time to train for the event with longer days and warmer evenings, and, as cycling is an activity that most people can easily fit into their everyday lives - for example, cycling to work - there really are no excuses! There's also the added feel-good factor of the challenge being carbon neutral, so it's environmentally friendly too!
Cycle London to Amsterdam is open to anyone over the age of 18 and requires a £99 deposit and a commitment to raise £1,150 in sponsorship. Help the Aged will support you every step of the way with training and fundraising. Also, if you sign up before mid-June you and a friend can join the team for just £99!
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 4 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 5 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 6 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 7 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 8 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
If you love travel and adventure, this is right up your street!
Adventurer and Help the Aged Cycle to Amsterdam Ambassador
Help the Aged