Ravenscroft Medical Centre: Labour councillors say ‘questions to be answered’ as criticism of surgery move grows
- Credit: Archant
Barnet’s opposition Labour group have joined councillors and Tory MP Mike Freer in expressing concern as to the closure and relocation of the Ravenscroft Medical Centre in Golders Green.
Barnet CCG and the principal doctor at the practice are hoping to move the surgery to a space within Finchley Memorial Hospital, but patients have cried foul and complained at the two mile journey to the hospital from Golders Green.
Cllr Anne Hutton, Labour’s lead representative on the town hall’s health overview scrutiny committee said: “Labour has no objection in principle to the co-locating of GPs with other medical services.
“But this proposal does not take the needs of Ravenscroft patients into account, and I understand that other GP practices are unhappy about potentially having to take those who do not want to make the journey.
”These are serious concerns that deserve to be answered.”
You may also want to watch:
Barnet CCG are consulting on the practice relocation until April 24.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 4 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council