Ravenscroft Medical Centre: Labour councillors say ‘questions to be answered’ as criticism of surgery move grows
- Credit: Archant
Barnet’s opposition Labour group have joined councillors and Tory MP Mike Freer in expressing concern as to the closure and relocation of the Ravenscroft Medical Centre in Golders Green.
Barnet CCG and the principal doctor at the practice are hoping to move the surgery to a space within Finchley Memorial Hospital, but patients have cried foul and complained at the two mile journey to the hospital from Golders Green.
Cllr Anne Hutton, Labour’s lead representative on the town hall’s health overview scrutiny committee said: “Labour has no objection in principle to the co-locating of GPs with other medical services.
“But this proposal does not take the needs of Ravenscroft patients into account, and I understand that other GP practices are unhappy about potentially having to take those who do not want to make the journey.
”These are serious concerns that deserve to be answered.”
You may also want to watch:
Barnet CCG are consulting on the practice relocation until April 24.
- 1 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 2 Camden’s recycling rate has fallen – and this rubbish is now urgent
- 3 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 4 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 5 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 6 Highgate primary praises new school street scheme restricting cars
- 7 James, Feeder and Maxïmo Park to play opening night of Kenwood
- 8 Three men charged after police officer injured in traffic stop
- 9 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 10 Vagina Museum reopens with the history of periods