Ravenscroft Medical Centre: Labour councillors say ‘questions to be answered’ as criticism of surgery move grows
- Credit: Archant
Barnet’s opposition Labour group have joined councillors and Tory MP Mike Freer in expressing concern as to the closure and relocation of the Ravenscroft Medical Centre in Golders Green.
Barnet CCG and the principal doctor at the practice are hoping to move the surgery to a space within Finchley Memorial Hospital, but patients have cried foul and complained at the two mile journey to the hospital from Golders Green.
Cllr Anne Hutton, Labour’s lead representative on the town hall’s health overview scrutiny committee said: “Labour has no objection in principle to the co-locating of GPs with other medical services.
“But this proposal does not take the needs of Ravenscroft patients into account, and I understand that other GP practices are unhappy about potentially having to take those who do not want to make the journey.
”These are serious concerns that deserve to be answered.”
You may also want to watch:
Barnet CCG are consulting on the practice relocation until April 24.
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 3 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 4 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 Late-night kidnap arrest after police search park
- 7 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 8 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 9 'We can't afford it': Camden foodbank prepares for spike in demand
- 10 'Potential for something remarkable'? Residents on O2 Centre redevelopment