Ramos tells his Spurs: show me what you're made of
JUANDE Ramos this week warned his Tottenham players they must quickly refocus if they are to reach a second final this season, writes Patrick Mooney. Spurs, who ended a nine-year wait for a trophy when they beat Chelsea 2-1 in extra-time in the final of t
JUANDE Ramos this week warned his Tottenham players they must quickly refocus if they are to reach a second final this season, writes Patrick Mooney.
Spurs, who ended a nine-year wait for a trophy when they beat Chelsea 2-1 in extra-time in the final of the Carling Cup at Wembley, entertain PSV Eindhoven in the first leg of the Uefa Cup last 16 at the Lane tonight.
But after celebrating the Carling triumph with some gusto early last week, the Lilywhites produced a woeful performance to lose 4-1 in the Premier League against Birmingham at St Andrew's on Saturday (see page 51).
Now Ramos has challenged his players to "show what they are made of" against the Dutch outfit tonight.
You may also want to watch:
"We can't expect to reach another final without hard work," said Ramos.
"However, we must not rest on our laurels and we must not allow ourselves to relax.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 4 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 All's Well That Ends Well – al fresco
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
"We must try to improve as a team all the time and show what we are made of in the Uefa Cup.