Ramos tells his Spurs: show me what you're made of
JUANDE Ramos this week warned his Tottenham players they must quickly refocus if they are to reach a second final this season, writes Patrick Mooney. Spurs, who ended a nine-year wait for a trophy when they beat Chelsea 2-1 in extra-time in the final of t
JUANDE Ramos this week warned his Tottenham players they must quickly refocus if they are to reach a second final this season, writes Patrick Mooney.
Spurs, who ended a nine-year wait for a trophy when they beat Chelsea 2-1 in extra-time in the final of the Carling Cup at Wembley, entertain PSV Eindhoven in the first leg of the Uefa Cup last 16 at the Lane tonight.
But after celebrating the Carling triumph with some gusto early last week, the Lilywhites produced a woeful performance to lose 4-1 in the Premier League against Birmingham at St Andrew's on Saturday (see page 51).
Now Ramos has challenged his players to "show what they are made of" against the Dutch outfit tonight.
"We can't expect to reach another final without hard work," said Ramos.
"However, we must not rest on our laurels and we must not allow ourselves to relax.
- 1 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 2 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 3 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 4 Tottenham boss Antonio Conte looking to revamp squad in transfer windows
- 5 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 6 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 7 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 8 Camden Market has major makeover with new cinema, shops and food stalls
- 9 PLU: St John's Wood restaurant finds the right formula
- 10 Movement off the ball key to Arsenal's win against Newcastle
"We must try to improve as a team all the time and show what we are made of in the Uefa Cup.