Ramos tells his Spurs: show me what you're made of
JUANDE Ramos this week warned his Tottenham players they must quickly refocus if they are to reach a second final this season, writes Patrick Mooney. Spurs, who ended a nine-year wait for a trophy when they beat Chelsea 2-1 in extra-time in the final of t
JUANDE Ramos this week warned his Tottenham players they must quickly refocus if they are to reach a second final this season, writes Patrick Mooney.
Spurs, who ended a nine-year wait for a trophy when they beat Chelsea 2-1 in extra-time in the final of the Carling Cup at Wembley, entertain PSV Eindhoven in the first leg of the Uefa Cup last 16 at the Lane tonight.
But after celebrating the Carling triumph with some gusto early last week, the Lilywhites produced a woeful performance to lose 4-1 in the Premier League against Birmingham at St Andrew's on Saturday (see page 51).
Now Ramos has challenged his players to "show what they are made of" against the Dutch outfit tonight.
You may also want to watch:
"We can't expect to reach another final without hard work," said Ramos.
"However, we must not rest on our laurels and we must not allow ourselves to relax.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Camden men jailed for rape of teenager targeted by Tube station
"We must try to improve as a team all the time and show what we are made of in the Uefa Cup.