Rainbow George hopes comic Russell Brand will back new ‘John Lennon-esque’ political party
- Credit: Archant
One of Hampstead’s most colourful characters is calling on comedian Russell Brand to get behind his latest political venture.
Self-styled “village idiot” Rainbow George, who became known in Hampstead for his squatting of a £700,000 house in Perrin’s Court, launched the Paradise-Pursuing People-Powered Party (The PPPPP) earlier this month to coincide with the 33rd anniversary of musician John Lennon’s death.
The 73-year-old, also known as George Weiss, said: “The party is very Lennon-esque and imagining helping to bring about a Lennon-esque world which has no countries and where the people of the world would be sharing together.
“I’ve always carried the John Lennon flag. This is very much a music-led, very peaceful revolution.”
George, who now resides in a Highgate residential home, is urging people to download one of three songs – written by him and available to buy online for £1 each – which will automatically register them as a member of the PPPPP.
Having appeared on Russell Brand’s former BBC Radio 2 show on a number of occasions, George is confident the comedian will support his new party – the latest in a string of parties founded by the pensioner over the years.
“I’m really hoping that Russell is going to get involved,” he said. “I’m confident that Russell will be involved.”
- 1 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 2 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 3 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 4 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 5 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 6 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 7 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 8 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 9 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 10 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
To download a song and become a member of the PPPPP, visit www.thesilverdreamers.bandcamp.com