Rainbow George hopes comic Russell Brand will back new ‘John Lennon-esque’ political party
- Credit: Archant
One of Hampstead’s most colourful characters is calling on comedian Russell Brand to get behind his latest political venture.
Self-styled “village idiot” Rainbow George, who became known in Hampstead for his squatting of a £700,000 house in Perrin’s Court, launched the Paradise-Pursuing People-Powered Party (The PPPPP) earlier this month to coincide with the 33rd anniversary of musician John Lennon’s death.
The 73-year-old, also known as George Weiss, said: “The party is very Lennon-esque and imagining helping to bring about a Lennon-esque world which has no countries and where the people of the world would be sharing together.
“I’ve always carried the John Lennon flag. This is very much a music-led, very peaceful revolution.”
George, who now resides in a Highgate residential home, is urging people to download one of three songs – written by him and available to buy online for £1 each – which will automatically register them as a member of the PPPPP.
You may also want to watch:
Having appeared on Russell Brand’s former BBC Radio 2 show on a number of occasions, George is confident the comedian will support his new party – the latest in a string of parties founded by the pensioner over the years.
“I’m really hoping that Russell is going to get involved,” he said. “I’m confident that Russell will be involved.”
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 7 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 8 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 9 'No one should be aiming to breathe air that is only just legal'
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
To download a song and become a member of the PPPPP, visit www.thesilverdreamers.bandcamp.com