Quitting smoking’s all in the mind
In the week of national No Smoking Day, Archway hypnotist Caldwell Smythe reveals he is on a one-man mission to stub out cigarettes. I feel the number of people dying each year from smoking is unacceptable. I m working to help stop this awful curse, he
In the week of national No Smoking Day, Archway hypnotist Caldwell Smythe reveals he is on a one-man mission to stub out cigarettes.
"I feel the number of people dying each year from smoking is unacceptable. I'm working to help stop this awful curse," he said.
Mr Smythe started his company, Tranceworks, two years ago. Trained by Paul McKenna and Richard Bandler, he uses hypnosis and neuro-linguistic programming to replace peoples' dependence with feelings of happiness and well-being.
No Smoking Day is on Wednesday and aims to reduce tobacco-related illness and death by publicising the support services available to people who want to quit.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Smythe said: "Everyone needs back-up. I provide that. After the session, everyone receives a CD they are supposed to listen to every day for 28 days and my personal phone number. I tell them they can call me anytime. And people take me up on it."
No Smoking Day has helped more than a million people quit since the first day in 1984.
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
Tranceworks is running workshops in Hampstead on March 16 and Hornsey on March 20. For more details call 020-7686 1200 or go to www.tranceworks.co.uk