Search

Quintin Kynaston given go-ahead to build new classrooms that must stand empty

PUBLISHED: 18:07 13 August 2010 | UPDATED: 17:05 07 September 2010

QUINTIN Kynaston school has been given consent to build a three-story block of temporary classrooms - on the proviso no pupils or teachers use them. Westminster Council gave permission last Thursday for the St John s Wood secondary school to erect the new

QUINTIN Kynaston school has been given consent to build a three-story block of temporary classrooms - on the proviso no pupils or teachers use them.

Westminster Council gave permission last Thursday for the St John's Wood secondary school to erect the new structure over the summer months.

But planning bosses said the classrooms must remain unoccupied until a decision had been made on a follow-up plan for a multimillion revamp of QK submitted to City Hall last month.

The linked development is a £45million BSF scheme to create a super campus consisting of QK, George Eliot Junior School, George Eliot Infant School and the pupil referral unit Beachcroft

However, the project was thrown into jeopardy last month when the government slashed £8million from its budget.

The planning committee chairman Alan Bradley said: "I can see how important it is for the school that these temporary classroom be constructed in the holidays, but my recommendation would be to grant permission for the classrooms - but you can't actually occupy them until you've got planning consent to move to the next stage of the development.

For the full story see the Wood&Vale next Thursday.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Hampstead Highgate Express

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists