Quick Barbecue Sauce
If I have a little more time on my hands I’ll sometimes sauté a finely chopped onion in some butter with a pinch of dried chilli flakes, finely chopped rosemary and a star anise then add the other ingredients as below with a splash of orange juice or zest of an orange and then sieve before serving. There are obviously numerous other ingredients you can include to add different layers of flavour but sometimes these can be a bit overpowering and sometimes less really is more!
Ingrediants 4 tbsps soy sauce 8 tbsps tomato ketchup2 tbsp red onion or apple chutney2 tbsp runny honey2 tbsps Worcestershire sauce2 tsps Dijon or English mustard
1. Melt the butter in a pan and add all the other ingredients.
2. Mix well to combine and warm gently over a low heat.
3. Season to taste and thin down with a little stock if necessary.
You may also want to watch:
4. Store in the fridge, well covered, for up to a week.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate