Quick Barbecue Sauce
If I have a little more time on my hands I’ll sometimes sauté a finely chopped onion in some butter with a pinch of dried chilli flakes, finely chopped rosemary and a star anise then add the other ingredients as below with a splash of orange juice or zest of an orange and then sieve before serving. There are obviously numerous other ingredients you can include to add different layers of flavour but sometimes these can be a bit overpowering and sometimes less really is more!
Ingrediants 4 tbsps soy sauce 8 tbsps tomato ketchup2 tbsp red onion or apple chutney2 tbsp runny honey2 tbsps Worcestershire sauce2 tsps Dijon or English mustard
1. Melt the butter in a pan and add all the other ingredients.
2. Mix well to combine and warm gently over a low heat.
3. Season to taste and thin down with a little stock if necessary.
4. Store in the fridge, well covered, for up to a week.
- 1 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 2 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 3 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 4 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 5 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 6 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 7 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 8 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 9 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 10 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'