Quick Barbecue Sauce
If I have a little more time on my hands I’ll sometimes sauté a finely chopped onion in some butter with a pinch of dried chilli flakes, finely chopped rosemary and a star anise then add the other ingredients as below with a splash of orange juice or zest of an orange and then sieve before serving. There are obviously numerous other ingredients you can include to add different layers of flavour but sometimes these can be a bit overpowering and sometimes less really is more!
Ingrediants 4 tbsps soy sauce 8 tbsps tomato ketchup2 tbsp red onion or apple chutney2 tbsp runny honey2 tbsps Worcestershire sauce2 tsps Dijon or English mustard
1. Melt the butter in a pan and add all the other ingredients.
2. Mix well to combine and warm gently over a low heat.
3. Season to taste and thin down with a little stock if necessary.
You may also want to watch:
4. Store in the fridge, well covered, for up to a week.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 10 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers