Quick Barbecue Sauce
If I have a little more time on my hands I’ll sometimes sauté a finely chopped onion in some butter with a pinch of dried chilli flakes, finely chopped rosemary and a star anise then add the other ingredients as below with a splash of orange juice or zest of an orange and then sieve before serving. There are obviously numerous other ingredients you can include to add different layers of flavour but sometimes these can be a bit overpowering and sometimes less really is more!
Ingrediants 4 tbsps soy sauce 8 tbsps tomato ketchup2 tbsp red onion or apple chutney2 tbsp runny honey2 tbsps Worcestershire sauce2 tsps Dijon or English mustard
1. Melt the butter in a pan and add all the other ingredients.
2. Mix well to combine and warm gently over a low heat.
3. Season to taste and thin down with a little stock if necessary.
You may also want to watch:
4. Store in the fridge, well covered, for up to a week.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 10 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally