Quick Barbecue Sauce
If I have a little more time on my hands I’ll sometimes sauté a finely chopped onion in some butter with a pinch of dried chilli flakes, finely chopped rosemary and a star anise then add the other ingredients as below with a splash of orange juice or zest of an orange and then sieve before serving. There are obviously numerous other ingredients you can include to add different layers of flavour but sometimes these can be a bit overpowering and sometimes less really is more!
Ingrediants 4 tbsps soy sauce 8 tbsps tomato ketchup2 tbsp red onion or apple chutney2 tbsp runny honey2 tbsps Worcestershire sauce2 tsps Dijon or English mustard
1. Melt the butter in a pan and add all the other ingredients.
2. Mix well to combine and warm gently over a low heat.
3. Season to taste and thin down with a little stock if necessary.
You may also want to watch:
4. Store in the fridge, well covered, for up to a week.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour