Q&A: My Dartmouth Park
- Credit: Archant
Sonya Winner is a creator of vibrant, contemporary rugs and lives in Dartmouth Park. She is in the first year of opening her new studio on York Rise.
What brought you to the area where you live?
We were looking for somewhere close to a park to walk our Cocker Spaniel, Sparkle, and you can’t beat Hampstead Heath! I also love having Fortess Road a few minutes walk away which has an old fashion mix of shops.
What makes Dartmouth Park unique?
Dartmouth Park has an eclectic mix of residents, we all rub along together and there is a wonderful sense of community.
You have a day off, what do you do?
In summer time I’d start the day at 7am with a refreshing dip in the Lido - its one of London’s hidden gems. This is followed by a Heath walk with Sparkle and then head to Panzers for great coffee, and a warm welcome. After that I like to pop into town and visit a gallery, revisiting their permanent collections or seeing their latest show.
- 1 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 2 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 3 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 4 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 5 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 6 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 7 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 8 New Camden real-time pollution sensors show 'unhealthy' borough air
- 9 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 10 Golders Green school hosts reunion ahead of closure
If you were the editor of the Ham&High, what would you focus on?
I would focus on highlighting and supporting independent businesses - there are so many emerging talented individuals in the area that need support.
What do you enjoy about your job?
My job is a blend of all the things I love. It enables me to work with my creativity and fascination with colour, work with people from all walks of life and create rugs that transform homes.
Who is the most inspiring person you’ve met?
My Dad, Paul Winner. He is always interested in everyone, always positive and believes firmly that everyone can make their dreams come true - he call himself ‘The Dream Conductor!’
What are you looking forward to for the rest of this year?
This is the first year that our showroom and studio will be open so we are looking forward to welcoming design and colour lovers to our work.