Q&A: My Dartmouth Park
- Credit: Archant
Sonya Winner is a creator of vibrant, contemporary rugs and lives in Dartmouth Park. She is in the first year of opening her new studio on York Rise.
What brought you to the area where you live?
We were looking for somewhere close to a park to walk our Cocker Spaniel, Sparkle, and you can’t beat Hampstead Heath! I also love having Fortess Road a few minutes walk away which has an old fashion mix of shops.
What makes Dartmouth Park unique?
Dartmouth Park has an eclectic mix of residents, we all rub along together and there is a wonderful sense of community.
You may also want to watch:
You have a day off, what do you do?
In summer time I’d start the day at 7am with a refreshing dip in the Lido - its one of London’s hidden gems. This is followed by a Heath walk with Sparkle and then head to Panzers for great coffee, and a warm welcome. After that I like to pop into town and visit a gallery, revisiting their permanent collections or seeing their latest show.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 7 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 10 Future of Royal Free Hospital nurseries uncertain amid staff consultation
If you were the editor of the Ham&High, what would you focus on?
I would focus on highlighting and supporting independent businesses - there are so many emerging talented individuals in the area that need support.
What do you enjoy about your job?
My job is a blend of all the things I love. It enables me to work with my creativity and fascination with colour, work with people from all walks of life and create rugs that transform homes.
Who is the most inspiring person you’ve met?
My Dad, Paul Winner. He is always interested in everyone, always positive and believes firmly that everyone can make their dreams come true - he call himself ‘The Dream Conductor!’
What are you looking forward to for the rest of this year?
This is the first year that our showroom and studio will be open so we are looking forward to welcoming design and colour lovers to our work.