Puppies up for adoption as dog lovers take Valentine’s Day walk on Hampstead Heath
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Love was in the air yesterday as owners took their precious pooches out for a Valentine’s Day walk on Hampstead Heath in aid of a dog rescue charity.
About 200 dog lovers set off from The Garden Gate pub in South End Green, Hampstead, on a cold, sunny morning for the annual walk organised by East Finchley-based All Dogs Matter.
Half of those who took part to brave the muddy hills of the Heath had adopted their pets from the charity, many of which were dressed in red and pink outfits to mark the holiday.
The event raised about £750.
Among the furry faces were two puppies, 10-week-old Staffie-Dachschund cross Rosie, and eight-week-old chocolate Labrador Bruce, who were wrapped in blankets to keep them warm and carried by organisers.
You may also want to watch:
Bruce was found abandoned in a Camden Town park last week, ill and left to die in the cold.
But now he is the safe hands of All Dogs Matter, and once he is back on the mend, he will be up for adoption. Rosie is also looking for a new home.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 3 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
Ira Moss, general manager of All Dogs Matter, said: “Pre and post-Christmas, we had lots of dogs abandoned, so the money will really help us.
“It was nice to see so many people who had adopted dogs come back to visit.”
Visit All Dogs Matter’s website for more information about rescuing a dog.