Pumpkin Ravioli recipe
Ingredients Serves 4
For the pasta:
400g a pasta making flour
4 free range eggs
1 tsp salt
You may also want to watch:
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
For the filling and to serve:
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 9 Tulip Siddiq MP: 'Nurseries are at the brink of collapse'
- 10 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
2 kg pumpkin, cut into quarters
15ml olive oil
1 large red onion, finely chopped
225g mostarda di frutta 1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
125g vegetarian parmesan, grated
30g fresh parsley, chopped
150g vegetarian parmesan
Combine the pasta ingredients, lightly knead and leave in a cling filmed bowl to refrigerate for an hour. Heat oven to 200C and bake pumpkin until soft.
Remove seeds and scoop out pulp, finely chop and place in a bowl. Heat the olive oil and sauté the onions.
Reduce heat and add mostarda di frutta, salt and ground spices, mix well. Combine the parmesan, pumpkin and onion mixture and set aside.
oll out pasta dough 15cm by 50cm and 2mm thickness. Layer the sheets between tea towels to prevent drying.
Put heaped teaspoons of the mixture into two rows. Lightly spray pasta with water and sandwich this with top layer.
Using a ravioli cutter, cut into 5 cm squares and place into boiling water.
Drain the pasta, return to the pan along with the butter and parsley.
Lightly mix and serve with the parmesan.