Pumpkin Ravioli recipe
Ingredients Serves 4
For the pasta:
400g a pasta making flour
4 free range eggs
1 tsp salt
You may also want to watch:
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
For the filling and to serve:
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 3 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 4 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 7 Letters: The floods!
- 8 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 9 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 10 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
2 kg pumpkin, cut into quarters
15ml olive oil
1 large red onion, finely chopped
225g mostarda di frutta 1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
125g vegetarian parmesan, grated
30g fresh parsley, chopped
150g vegetarian parmesan
Combine the pasta ingredients, lightly knead and leave in a cling filmed bowl to refrigerate for an hour. Heat oven to 200C and bake pumpkin until soft.
Remove seeds and scoop out pulp, finely chop and place in a bowl. Heat the olive oil and sauté the onions.
Reduce heat and add mostarda di frutta, salt and ground spices, mix well. Combine the parmesan, pumpkin and onion mixture and set aside.
oll out pasta dough 15cm by 50cm and 2mm thickness. Layer the sheets between tea towels to prevent drying.
Put heaped teaspoons of the mixture into two rows. Lightly spray pasta with water and sandwich this with top layer.
Using a ravioli cutter, cut into 5 cm squares and place into boiling water.
Drain the pasta, return to the pan along with the butter and parsley.
Lightly mix and serve with the parmesan.