Public meeting to save Muswell Hill and Crouch End post offices
- Credit: Archant
Concerned residents gather to oppose plans to franchise Muswell Hill and Crouch End post offices.
Everyone is invited to find out more about the grassroots campaign to save the post offices.
Catherine West, MP for Hornsey and Wood Green, and Andy Furey, national official at the Communication Workers Union, will be speaking at the event.
Crouch End and Muswell Hill post offices are being put forward for private franchises and if no franchisee is found to take them on, there is a danger they could close.
Steve Jones, a member of the Communication Workers Union said: “To think that this is workable or even desirable in area such as Muswell Hill and Crouch End is ridiculous.
You may also want to watch:
“It is evident that the village atmosphere and feel of areas like Muswell Hill and Crouch End by its very nature needs a Post Office at its heart.
“And let’s not forget there are those people who rely on the Post Office for pensions and benefits and are often not mobile so it will disproportionately effect the less well off.”
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 7 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 8 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 9 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 10 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
- The meeting will be held at St Mary’s School, Rectory Gardens on Wednesday March 9.