Public meeting to save Muswell Hill and Crouch End post offices
- Credit: Archant
Concerned residents gather to oppose plans to franchise Muswell Hill and Crouch End post offices.
Everyone is invited to find out more about the grassroots campaign to save the post offices.
Catherine West, MP for Hornsey and Wood Green, and Andy Furey, national official at the Communication Workers Union, will be speaking at the event.
Crouch End and Muswell Hill post offices are being put forward for private franchises and if no franchisee is found to take them on, there is a danger they could close.
Steve Jones, a member of the Communication Workers Union said: “To think that this is workable or even desirable in area such as Muswell Hill and Crouch End is ridiculous.
You may also want to watch:
“It is evident that the village atmosphere and feel of areas like Muswell Hill and Crouch End by its very nature needs a Post Office at its heart.
“And let’s not forget there are those people who rely on the Post Office for pensions and benefits and are often not mobile so it will disproportionately effect the less well off.”
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 9 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 10 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- The meeting will be held at St Mary’s School, Rectory Gardens on Wednesday March 9.