Public meeting to save Muswell Hill and Crouch End post offices
- Credit: Archant
Concerned residents gather to oppose plans to franchise Muswell Hill and Crouch End post offices.
Everyone is invited to find out more about the grassroots campaign to save the post offices.
Catherine West, MP for Hornsey and Wood Green, and Andy Furey, national official at the Communication Workers Union, will be speaking at the event.
Crouch End and Muswell Hill post offices are being put forward for private franchises and if no franchisee is found to take them on, there is a danger they could close.
Steve Jones, a member of the Communication Workers Union said: “To think that this is workable or even desirable in area such as Muswell Hill and Crouch End is ridiculous.
You may also want to watch:
“It is evident that the village atmosphere and feel of areas like Muswell Hill and Crouch End by its very nature needs a Post Office at its heart.
“And let’s not forget there are those people who rely on the Post Office for pensions and benefits and are often not mobile so it will disproportionately effect the less well off.”
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 7 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 8 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 9 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 10 'No one should be aiming to breathe air that is only just legal'
- The meeting will be held at St Mary’s School, Rectory Gardens on Wednesday March 9.