Public meeting to save Muswell Hill and Crouch End post offices
- Credit: Archant
Concerned residents gather to oppose plans to franchise Muswell Hill and Crouch End post offices.
Everyone is invited to find out more about the grassroots campaign to save the post offices.
Catherine West, MP for Hornsey and Wood Green, and Andy Furey, national official at the Communication Workers Union, will be speaking at the event.
Crouch End and Muswell Hill post offices are being put forward for private franchises and if no franchisee is found to take them on, there is a danger they could close.
Steve Jones, a member of the Communication Workers Union said: “To think that this is workable or even desirable in area such as Muswell Hill and Crouch End is ridiculous.
You may also want to watch:
“It is evident that the village atmosphere and feel of areas like Muswell Hill and Crouch End by its very nature needs a Post Office at its heart.
“And let’s not forget there are those people who rely on the Post Office for pensions and benefits and are often not mobile so it will disproportionately effect the less well off.”
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- The meeting will be held at St Mary’s School, Rectory Gardens on Wednesday March 9.