Protesters vent anger over Brent Cross delay
ANGER boiled over at a Barnet Council planning meeting when councillors deferred the decision on the controversial �4.5billion Brent Cross Cricklewood development. Dozens of protesters were furious they had showed up for the meeting at Hendon Town Hall to
ANGER boiled over at a Barnet Council planning meeting when councillors deferred the decision on the controversial �4.5billion Brent Cross Cricklewood development.
Dozens of protesters were furious they had showed up for the meeting at Hendon Town Hall to hear the committee defer the decision for another month to give everyone more time to read the lengthy report.
Cllr Maureen Braun, who chaired the planning and environment committee, recommended to her colleagues that the meeting be delayed because of late representations which needed to be examined.
She said: "In consultation with officers and other members of the committee I have decided to recommend that this matter that is the Brent Cross Cricklewood application is deferred to the next planning and environment committee meeting on October 20.
You may also want to watch:
"This is in order to allow members of this committee and interested members of the public more time to consider the detailed information contained in the report and late representations we have received."
But Cllr Jack Cohen lambasted the committee for the late deferral. "I have been busting a gut to read all the papers in time for this meeting," he said. "It is not good enough to read about the deferral in the press.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 6 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash