Proposal to close Crowndale Road office is crazy
Many will have now seen the announcement regarding the proposal to close many local post offices such as South End Green and, in my ward, the one situated in the Londis Supermarket at 18-22 Crowndale Road. I find the decision absolutely mad, given that th
Many will have now seen the announcement regarding the proposal to close many local post offices such as South End Green and, in my ward, the one situated in the Londis Supermarket at 18-22 Crowndale Road.
I find the decision absolutely mad, given that the post office in Crowndale Road assists local elderly people to get their pension over the counter, and is very helpful for all local residents. Now they will have to walk a long way up to Camden High Street to the main post office and that is not helpful for those in poor health.
A few years ago the Post Office closed the post office in Royal College Street despite the opposition of local people, tenants associations and ward councillors like me.
We got no support from anyone and were told that people could use the post office in Crowndale Road. Now that is going too and frankly people like me, pensioners and the disabled, are fed up with the way we are pushed around by the so-called policy makers.
You may also want to watch:
The post office at 18-22 Crowndale Road does a great job and is very convenient for those on local estates like Godwin and Crowndale, College Place, Goldington, etc.
There is, they tell me, consultation until April 2 and Mayor Ken Livingstone has condemned the closure of 171 post offices across London, including the two in Camden, and may make a legal challenge against the closures.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 8 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Teacher weaves seven-year tapestry of periodic table
In the meantime readers can make their point and concern felt by sending in your comments to: The National Consultation Team; Post Office Ltd, FREEPOST CONSULTATION TEAM. (no stamp required, or alternatively, telephone 08457 22 33 44). Please let the Post Office know they cannot deny us the use of offices in our area and treat us like fools. We have been pushed around far too long by all and sundry.
Cllr Roger Robinson
(Labour) St Pancras and Somers Town Ward