Proper planning can help resolve West Bank problems
I refer to Palestinians suffer systematic eviction and also the recent correspondence on your letters pages on boycotting products from the West Bank. How can these urgent humanitarian and trading issues be resolved? In my opinion, the answer lies in re
I refer to "Palestinians suffer systematic eviction" and also the recent correspondence on your letters pages on boycotting products from the West Bank.
How can these urgent humanitarian and trading issues be resolved? In my opinion, the answer lies in restoring peace and justice for Palestinians and Jews of the Holy Land.
The reasons why Palestinians are suffering systematic eviction and Palestinian and Jew are unsafe there is because human rights and town planning are absent.
Town planning exists to protect people and their environment. It depends on public consultation and participation, not 'transfer' or 'ethnic cleansing'.
You may also want to watch:
How can we make a difference?
We could make a positive start by persuading our local councillors of Haringey and Enfield to support the restoration of human rights and town twinning and town planning for peace and justice.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 9 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds
Haringey and Enfield Councils should town twin with Bethany/Aizaria (Palestinian Territories) and Neve Shalom-Wahat al-Salam (Israel) without delay.
Those in charge of political affairs should always be conscious that true peace is based upon the dignity of man, whatever his race, colour or creed.
Shalom, Salaam, Peace.
John Waller (ARIBA)
The Drive, Bounds Green, N11