Proper planning can help resolve West Bank problems
I refer to Palestinians suffer systematic eviction and also the recent correspondence on your letters pages on boycotting products from the West Bank. How can these urgent humanitarian and trading issues be resolved? In my opinion, the answer lies in re
I refer to "Palestinians suffer systematic eviction" and also the recent correspondence on your letters pages on boycotting products from the West Bank.
How can these urgent humanitarian and trading issues be resolved? In my opinion, the answer lies in restoring peace and justice for Palestinians and Jews of the Holy Land.
The reasons why Palestinians are suffering systematic eviction and Palestinian and Jew are unsafe there is because human rights and town planning are absent.
Town planning exists to protect people and their environment. It depends on public consultation and participation, not 'transfer' or 'ethnic cleansing'.
You may also want to watch:
How can we make a difference?
We could make a positive start by persuading our local councillors of Haringey and Enfield to support the restoration of human rights and town twinning and town planning for peace and justice.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 6 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 7 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 8 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
Haringey and Enfield Councils should town twin with Bethany/Aizaria (Palestinian Territories) and Neve Shalom-Wahat al-Salam (Israel) without delay.
Those in charge of political affairs should always be conscious that true peace is based upon the dignity of man, whatever his race, colour or creed.
Shalom, Salaam, Peace.
John Waller (ARIBA)
The Drive, Bounds Green, N11