Proper planning can help resolve West Bank problems
I refer to Palestinians suffer systematic eviction and also the recent correspondence on your letters pages on boycotting products from the West Bank. How can these urgent humanitarian and trading issues be resolved? In my opinion, the answer lies in re
I refer to "Palestinians suffer systematic eviction" and also the recent correspondence on your letters pages on boycotting products from the West Bank.
How can these urgent humanitarian and trading issues be resolved? In my opinion, the answer lies in restoring peace and justice for Palestinians and Jews of the Holy Land.
The reasons why Palestinians are suffering systematic eviction and Palestinian and Jew are unsafe there is because human rights and town planning are absent.
Town planning exists to protect people and their environment. It depends on public consultation and participation, not 'transfer' or 'ethnic cleansing'.
You may also want to watch:
How can we make a difference?
We could make a positive start by persuading our local councillors of Haringey and Enfield to support the restoration of human rights and town twinning and town planning for peace and justice.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
Haringey and Enfield Councils should town twin with Bethany/Aizaria (Palestinian Territories) and Neve Shalom-Wahat al-Salam (Israel) without delay.
Those in charge of political affairs should always be conscious that true peace is based upon the dignity of man, whatever his race, colour or creed.
Shalom, Salaam, Peace.
John Waller (ARIBA)
The Drive, Bounds Green, N11