Proper planning can help resolve West Bank problems
I refer to Palestinians suffer systematic eviction and also the recent correspondence on your letters pages on boycotting products from the West Bank. How can these urgent humanitarian and trading issues be resolved? In my opinion, the answer lies in re
I refer to "Palestinians suffer systematic eviction" and also the recent correspondence on your letters pages on boycotting products from the West Bank.
How can these urgent humanitarian and trading issues be resolved? In my opinion, the answer lies in restoring peace and justice for Palestinians and Jews of the Holy Land.
The reasons why Palestinians are suffering systematic eviction and Palestinian and Jew are unsafe there is because human rights and town planning are absent.
Town planning exists to protect people and their environment. It depends on public consultation and participation, not 'transfer' or 'ethnic cleansing'.
You may also want to watch:
How can we make a difference?
We could make a positive start by persuading our local councillors of Haringey and Enfield to support the restoration of human rights and town twinning and town planning for peace and justice.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 4 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 7 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 8 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 9 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
Haringey and Enfield Councils should town twin with Bethany/Aizaria (Palestinian Territories) and Neve Shalom-Wahat al-Salam (Israel) without delay.
Those in charge of political affairs should always be conscious that true peace is based upon the dignity of man, whatever his race, colour or creed.
Shalom, Salaam, Peace.
John Waller (ARIBA)
The Drive, Bounds Green, N11