Professor blames lack of discipline for Arsenal's Wigan horror show
Arsene Wenger blamed a lack of discipline for Arsenal s alarming collapse at Wigan on Sunday. His side looked set for a comfortable three points after taking a 2-0 lead through Theo Walcott and Mikael Silvestre. But with less than a quarter of an hour rem
Arsene Wenger blamed a lack of discipline for Arsenal's alarming collapse at Wigan on Sunday.
His side looked set for a comfortable three points after taking a 2-0 lead through Theo Walcott and Mikael Silvestre.
But with less than a quarter of an hour remaining Ben Watson pulled one back for the Latics and then Titus Bramble levelled after Lukasz Fabianski weakly fumbled a routine corner.
Roberto Martinez's side then pulled off a remarkable comeback to win the game when Charles N'Zogbia sliced through a tired Arsenal rearguard to fire home an unstoppable effort.
You may also want to watch:
Bookmakers are now offering 200/1 for Arsenal to win the title.
"I believe that we were not focused and were not disciplined and we got caught," moaned Wenger.
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 8 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
"Overall in football you have to keep focused for 90 minutes, especially against a team who has nothing to lose and fights not to go down. They will not give up and in the end we were punished.
"After we went 2-0 up our game lacked cohesion and discipline and I always felt that we could be punished.