Probe into 'Hitler' cop is just plain bonkers
Barely a week goes by without a Ham&High story involving a tardy and unsatisfactory response by the police to calls for help from the public (eg their inability to catch ram raiders running riot in Hampstead). Now I know why. They are out enforcing the la
Barely a week goes by without a Ham&High story involving a tardy and unsatisfactory response by the police to calls for help from the public (eg their inability to catch ram raiders running riot in Hampstead). Now I know why. They are out enforcing the law of political correctness imposed on us by busy fools in high places (Outrage over policeman's Nazi salute, H&H August 28).
Apparently Paul Ryan, some hapless faux-copper in the Swiss Cottage Safer Neighbourhood Team has been grassed up by his mates for 'impersonating Hitler' (some team spirit eh?). Perhaps someone should tell the genius who ordered his suspension that the real Hitler blew his brains out in 1945 and there was little danger of anyone actually mistaking Mr Ryan for the real Leader of the Third Reich.
I'm Jewish and I applaud anyone who portrays Der Fuhrer as a figure of fun. In fact let's have a national 'Make Fun of Hitler Day'. I recommend the investigators probing Mr Ryan's acting abilities watch the Mel Brookes' classic (he's also Jewish) The Producers to ascertain if Ryan's efforts measure up to Dick Shawn's high-stepping camp Adolf. Do the jobsworths who ordered the Met to stop catching burglars and concentrate on Mr Ryan's sieg heil antics realise they are stifling creative thought - something the Nazi Party was quite expert at. The irony is delicious.
You may also want to watch:
Bacons Lane, N6
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 8 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83