Probe into 'Hitler' cop is just plain bonkers
Barely a week goes by without a Ham&High story involving a tardy and unsatisfactory response by the police to calls for help from the public (eg their inability to catch ram raiders running riot in Hampstead). Now I know why. They are out enforcing the la
Barely a week goes by without a Ham&High story involving a tardy and unsatisfactory response by the police to calls for help from the public (eg their inability to catch ram raiders running riot in Hampstead). Now I know why. They are out enforcing the law of political correctness imposed on us by busy fools in high places (Outrage over policeman's Nazi salute, H&H August 28).
Apparently Paul Ryan, some hapless faux-copper in the Swiss Cottage Safer Neighbourhood Team has been grassed up by his mates for 'impersonating Hitler' (some team spirit eh?). Perhaps someone should tell the genius who ordered his suspension that the real Hitler blew his brains out in 1945 and there was little danger of anyone actually mistaking Mr Ryan for the real Leader of the Third Reich.
I'm Jewish and I applaud anyone who portrays Der Fuhrer as a figure of fun. In fact let's have a national 'Make Fun of Hitler Day'. I recommend the investigators probing Mr Ryan's acting abilities watch the Mel Brookes' classic (he's also Jewish) The Producers to ascertain if Ryan's efforts measure up to Dick Shawn's high-stepping camp Adolf. Do the jobsworths who ordered the Met to stop catching burglars and concentrate on Mr Ryan's sieg heil antics realise they are stifling creative thought - something the Nazi Party was quite expert at. The irony is delicious.
You may also want to watch:
Bacons Lane, N6
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 6 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty