Private post office kicks off Highgate’s live advent calendar on first December day
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A privately-run post office kicked off Highgate’s live advent calendar on the first day of December.
Every day in the run up to Christmas, a different shop will unveil a gift hidden in a festive window display in what is thought to be the first project of its kind in north London.
Postal Plus in Aylmer Parade began the festivities today by unveiling a giftwrapped box full of stationery presents.
Using a calendar “map” of the businesses taking part, shoppers are invited to write down what each gift is everyday on an entry form, before returning their answers to one of the shops by December 31.
They will then be in with a chance of winning a prize of one of the gifts that has been on display in the shop windows.
You may also want to watch:
Presents will be valued at between £5 to £10, though some shops have been more generous.
Twenty-four shops in Highgate High Street, Archway Road and Aylmer Parade are taking part.
To download a calendar entry form, visit highgateneighbourhoodforum.org.uk.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate