Private post office kicks off Highgate’s live advent calendar on first December day
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A privately-run post office kicked off Highgate’s live advent calendar on the first day of December.
Every day in the run up to Christmas, a different shop will unveil a gift hidden in a festive window display in what is thought to be the first project of its kind in north London.
Postal Plus in Aylmer Parade began the festivities today by unveiling a giftwrapped box full of stationery presents.
Using a calendar “map” of the businesses taking part, shoppers are invited to write down what each gift is everyday on an entry form, before returning their answers to one of the shops by December 31.
They will then be in with a chance of winning a prize of one of the gifts that has been on display in the shop windows.
You may also want to watch:
Presents will be valued at between £5 to £10, though some shops have been more generous.
Twenty-four shops in Highgate High Street, Archway Road and Aylmer Parade are taking part.
To download a calendar entry form, visit highgateneighbourhoodforum.org.uk.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale