Private post office kicks off Highgate’s live advent calendar on first December day
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
A privately-run post office kicked off Highgate’s live advent calendar on the first day of December.
Every day in the run up to Christmas, a different shop will unveil a gift hidden in a festive window display in what is thought to be the first project of its kind in north London.
Postal Plus in Aylmer Parade began the festivities today by unveiling a giftwrapped box full of stationery presents.
Using a calendar “map” of the businesses taking part, shoppers are invited to write down what each gift is everyday on an entry form, before returning their answers to one of the shops by December 31.
They will then be in with a chance of winning a prize of one of the gifts that has been on display in the shop windows.
You may also want to watch:
Presents will be valued at between £5 to £10, though some shops have been more generous.
Twenty-four shops in Highgate High Street, Archway Road and Aylmer Parade are taking part.
To download a calendar entry form, visit highgateneighbourhoodforum.org.uk.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12