Prince Charles visit to mark re-opening of Kenwood House
- Credit: Getty Images
Kenwood House will re-open to the public this week after a £5.9million upgrade and will receive a royal seal of approval with an official visit from Prince Charles.
The Prince of Wales will be guest of honour for a special dinner at the historic house on December 4, less than a week after the house’s grand re-opening on Thursday.
Since April last year, the house on Hampstead Heath, which dates back to the 17th century, has been closed as restoration was carried out by English Heritage with funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund.
The dinner and Prince Charles’s visit will celebrate the repair, restoration and revival, as well as marking the centenary of the landmark Ancient Monuments Act of 1913, with created the National Heritage Collection.
Charlotte Kemp, English Heritage’s manager at Kenwood House, said: “We are delighted and honoured that The Prince of Wales will visit.
You may also want to watch:
“The team is working hard putting the finishing touches to the house and we’re looking forward to opening the doors to the public and the Prince.”
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 9 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day
- 10 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named