Primrose Hill Festival to celebrate 10th anniversary – with special mystery guest invited too
- Credit: Archant
Next week revellers at the Primrose Hill Festival will mark its tenth anniversary with what promises to be a special event.
One of the organisers, Karen Santi, told this newspaper: "There'll be the dog show, there'll be so many great things going on, including one or two surprises!
"It has grown in number and ambition in the ten years we've been doing it, and we always get a great crowd."
The highlight, as Karen promises, could well be the dog show. This year hosted by community stalwart Sylvia Jacobs, it will see a fundraising drive to benefit the local St Mary's Youth Centre in Elsworthy Road.
Sylvia, 85, told this newspaper: "We are a very tight-knit area and we really hope we can raise a lot of money for St Mary's.
You may also want to watch:
"When it comes to the dog show, we're the opposite of Crufts, we want to hear amazing stories!"
Additionally, there will be a roller disco and an ultra-secret surprise musical guest.
- 1 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 2 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 6 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
- 7 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 10 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
The festival runs from 9.30 to 5.30 on Sunday May 19.