Primrose Hill Festival to celebrate 10th anniversary – with special mystery guest invited too
- Credit: Archant
Next week revellers at the Primrose Hill Festival will mark its tenth anniversary with what promises to be a special event.
One of the organisers, Karen Santi, told this newspaper: "There'll be the dog show, there'll be so many great things going on, including one or two surprises!
"It has grown in number and ambition in the ten years we've been doing it, and we always get a great crowd."
The highlight, as Karen promises, could well be the dog show. This year hosted by community stalwart Sylvia Jacobs, it will see a fundraising drive to benefit the local St Mary's Youth Centre in Elsworthy Road.
Sylvia, 85, told this newspaper: "We are a very tight-knit area and we really hope we can raise a lot of money for St Mary's.
You may also want to watch:
"When it comes to the dog show, we're the opposite of Crufts, we want to hear amazing stories!"
Additionally, there will be a roller disco and an ultra-secret surprise musical guest.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
The festival runs from 9.30 to 5.30 on Sunday May 19.