Primrose Hill Festival to celebrate 10th anniversary – with special mystery guest invited too
- Credit: Archant
Next week revellers at the Primrose Hill Festival will mark its tenth anniversary with what promises to be a special event.
One of the organisers, Karen Santi, told this newspaper: "There'll be the dog show, there'll be so many great things going on, including one or two surprises!
"It has grown in number and ambition in the ten years we've been doing it, and we always get a great crowd."
The highlight, as Karen promises, could well be the dog show. This year hosted by community stalwart Sylvia Jacobs, it will see a fundraising drive to benefit the local St Mary's Youth Centre in Elsworthy Road.
Sylvia, 85, told this newspaper: "We are a very tight-knit area and we really hope we can raise a lot of money for St Mary's.
You may also want to watch:
"When it comes to the dog show, we're the opposite of Crufts, we want to hear amazing stories!"
Additionally, there will be a roller disco and an ultra-secret surprise musical guest.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 9 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
The festival runs from 9.30 to 5.30 on Sunday May 19.