Primrose Hill Festival to celebrate 10th anniversary – with special mystery guest invited too
- Credit: Archant
Next week revellers at the Primrose Hill Festival will mark its tenth anniversary with what promises to be a special event.
One of the organisers, Karen Santi, told this newspaper: "There'll be the dog show, there'll be so many great things going on, including one or two surprises!
"It has grown in number and ambition in the ten years we've been doing it, and we always get a great crowd."
The highlight, as Karen promises, could well be the dog show. This year hosted by community stalwart Sylvia Jacobs, it will see a fundraising drive to benefit the local St Mary's Youth Centre in Elsworthy Road.
Sylvia, 85, told this newspaper: "We are a very tight-knit area and we really hope we can raise a lot of money for St Mary's.
"When it comes to the dog show, we're the opposite of Crufts, we want to hear amazing stories!"
Additionally, there will be a roller disco and an ultra-secret surprise musical guest.
- 1 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 2 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 3 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 4 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 5 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 6 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 7 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 8 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
- 9 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 10 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
The festival runs from 9.30 to 5.30 on Sunday May 19.