Hampstead Village Christmas Fair 2018: Meet Santa and enjoy traffic-free high street at annual festive fun day this weekend
- Credit: Polly Hancock
Hampstead’s Business Improvement District (BID) is set to hold its annual Christmas fair this weekend.
The inaugural event took place last year, and on Sunday it will return for another year to mark the start of the Christmas season in the village.
It will start at midday and finish at 5pm.
The High Street will be pedestrianised for the event, with food, drink and entertainment available.
Children and adults alike will have the chance to meet Santa in his grotto. His reindeer will also be on hand (or hoof) to meet locals ahead of December 25.
You may also want to watch:
The lights will also be shining, having been switched on without fanfare earlier this month.
And there will be performances by the London Metropolitan Brass Band, and the Heath street Choir.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 6 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 8 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 9 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 10 Letters: The floods!
Photographer Polly Hancock, whose work often appears in the Ham&High, will be helping judge the art competition, with entries sent in by local schools.