Hampstead Village Christmas Fair 2018: Meet Santa and enjoy traffic-free high street at annual festive fun day this weekend
- Credit: Polly Hancock
Hampstead’s Business Improvement District (BID) is set to hold its annual Christmas fair this weekend.
The inaugural event took place last year, and on Sunday it will return for another year to mark the start of the Christmas season in the village.
It will start at midday and finish at 5pm.
The High Street will be pedestrianised for the event, with food, drink and entertainment available.
Children and adults alike will have the chance to meet Santa in his grotto. His reindeer will also be on hand (or hoof) to meet locals ahead of December 25.
You may also want to watch:
The lights will also be shining, having been switched on without fanfare earlier this month.
And there will be performances by the London Metropolitan Brass Band, and the Heath street Choir.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
Photographer Polly Hancock, whose work often appears in the Ham&High, will be helping judge the art competition, with entries sent in by local schools.