Hampstead Village Christmas Fair 2018: Meet Santa and enjoy traffic-free high street at annual festive fun day this weekend
- Credit: Polly Hancock
Hampstead’s Business Improvement District (BID) is set to hold its annual Christmas fair this weekend.
The inaugural event took place last year, and on Sunday it will return for another year to mark the start of the Christmas season in the village.
It will start at midday and finish at 5pm.
The High Street will be pedestrianised for the event, with food, drink and entertainment available.
Children and adults alike will have the chance to meet Santa in his grotto. His reindeer will also be on hand (or hoof) to meet locals ahead of December 25.
You may also want to watch:
The lights will also be shining, having been switched on without fanfare earlier this month.
And there will be performances by the London Metropolitan Brass Band, and the Heath street Choir.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 6 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 7 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 8 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal
Photographer Polly Hancock, whose work often appears in the Ham&High, will be helping judge the art competition, with entries sent in by local schools.