Hampstead Village Christmas Fair 2018: Meet Santa and enjoy traffic-free high street at annual festive fun day this weekend
- Credit: Polly Hancock
Hampstead’s Business Improvement District (BID) is set to hold its annual Christmas fair this weekend.
The inaugural event took place last year, and on Sunday it will return for another year to mark the start of the Christmas season in the village.
It will start at midday and finish at 5pm.
The High Street will be pedestrianised for the event, with food, drink and entertainment available.
Children and adults alike will have the chance to meet Santa in his grotto. His reindeer will also be on hand (or hoof) to meet locals ahead of December 25.
The lights will also be shining, having been switched on without fanfare earlier this month.
And there will be performances by the London Metropolitan Brass Band, and the Heath street Choir.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 3 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 6 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 7 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 8 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 9 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 10 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
Photographer Polly Hancock, whose work often appears in the Ham&High, will be helping judge the art competition, with entries sent in by local schools.