Hampstead Village Christmas Fair 2018: Meet Santa and enjoy traffic-free high street at annual festive fun day this weekend
- Credit: Polly Hancock
Hampstead’s Business Improvement District (BID) is set to hold its annual Christmas fair this weekend.
The inaugural event took place last year, and on Sunday it will return for another year to mark the start of the Christmas season in the village.
It will start at midday and finish at 5pm.
The High Street will be pedestrianised for the event, with food, drink and entertainment available.
Children and adults alike will have the chance to meet Santa in his grotto. His reindeer will also be on hand (or hoof) to meet locals ahead of December 25.
You may also want to watch:
The lights will also be shining, having been switched on without fanfare earlier this month.
And there will be performances by the London Metropolitan Brass Band, and the Heath street Choir.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
Photographer Polly Hancock, whose work often appears in the Ham&High, will be helping judge the art competition, with entries sent in by local schools.