Pregnant woman mugged on Hampstead Heath
A HEAVILY pregnant woman has been robbed in the middle of the day on Hampstead Heath by a callous robber. The 30-year-old woman, who is 36 weeks pregnant, was approached by the suspect from behind as she was walking on Parliament Hill Fields at around 12.
A HEAVILY pregnant woman has been robbed in the middle of the day on Hampstead Heath by a callous robber.
The 30-year-old woman, who is 36 weeks pregnant, was approached by the suspect from behind as she was walking on Parliament Hill Fields at around 12.30pm on Tuesday.
Her attacker put his arms round her waist and rifled through here pockets to take a set of headphones. But when he realised his victim was pregnant he began demanding the woman hand over her mobile phone and other personal belongings. He then suggested to the victim, who is due to give birth in just a few weeks, he had a knife although she did not see any weapon and was not injured in the attack. The woman is believed to be from the Kentish Town area.
Her attacker was a black youth aged between 16 and 18, around 5ft10ins and was wearing a black hooded rain coat.
You may also want to watch:
In December 2008 a pregnant woman from Belsize Park went into labour as a result of being mugged by two men in the middle of the afternoon.
Anastasia Bloom had a necklace ripped from her when she was attacked on Adamson Road. She gave birth to a healthy baby girl five hours after the attack. Anyone with information on Tuesday's incident is asked to call Camden Police on 0207 404 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. Your call will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence and you could help make Camden even safer.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 7 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 8 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 9 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
No arrests have been made and police enquires are ongoing.