‘Power of the press’ gets bench back to its sunny Belsize Park corner
- Credit: Archant
Neighbours are celebrating the return of a bench to a favourite sunny corner of Belsize Park after its disappearance three years ago.
Residents have been campaigning to get the seat put back in Belsize Lane after it was removed by Camden Council to make way for renovations to a nearby house.
Neighbour Linda Grove said: “Since then we have been trying to track down the old bench.
“We have been writing to our local councillors and to council officers but with no success.
“But as soon as we copied our letters to the Ham&High, things started moving!”
You may also want to watch:
She is delighted with the new bench. “It is even better than the old one. Now people can sit out on this sunny corner again.”
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 8 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home