‘Power of the press’ gets bench back to its sunny Belsize Park corner
- Credit: Archant
Neighbours are celebrating the return of a bench to a favourite sunny corner of Belsize Park after its disappearance three years ago.
Residents have been campaigning to get the seat put back in Belsize Lane after it was removed by Camden Council to make way for renovations to a nearby house.
Neighbour Linda Grove said: “Since then we have been trying to track down the old bench.
“We have been writing to our local councillors and to council officers but with no success.
“But as soon as we copied our letters to the Ham&High, things started moving!”
You may also want to watch:
She is delighted with the new bench. “It is even better than the old one. Now people can sit out on this sunny corner again.”
- 1 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 4 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation