‘Power of the press’ gets bench back to its sunny Belsize Park corner
- Credit: Archant
Neighbours are celebrating the return of a bench to a favourite sunny corner of Belsize Park after its disappearance three years ago.
Residents have been campaigning to get the seat put back in Belsize Lane after it was removed by Camden Council to make way for renovations to a nearby house.
Neighbour Linda Grove said: “Since then we have been trying to track down the old bench.
“We have been writing to our local councillors and to council officers but with no success.
“But as soon as we copied our letters to the Ham&High, things started moving!”
You may also want to watch:
She is delighted with the new bench. “It is even better than the old one. Now people can sit out on this sunny corner again.”
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 5 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 6 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 7 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 8 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Hampstead's Karma Bread thanks Royal Free staff with baked goods