‘Power of the press’ gets bench back to its sunny Belsize Park corner
- Credit: Archant
Neighbours are celebrating the return of a bench to a favourite sunny corner of Belsize Park after its disappearance three years ago.
Residents have been campaigning to get the seat put back in Belsize Lane after it was removed by Camden Council to make way for renovations to a nearby house.
Neighbour Linda Grove said: “Since then we have been trying to track down the old bench.
“We have been writing to our local councillors and to council officers but with no success.
“But as soon as we copied our letters to the Ham&High, things started moving!”
You may also want to watch:
She is delighted with the new bench. “It is even better than the old one. Now people can sit out on this sunny corner again.”
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 7 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up