Post Office to look at moving Camden High Street branch...two doors down
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Post Office is opening a consultation into moving its Camden High Street branch, two doors away.
They are proposing to close its current branch at 114-120 Camden High Street, and move into the former Game shop at 124.
If the move goes ahead, it will be run by a retail partner and opening house will be extended to seven days a week.
The store is opposite the Waitrose shop that the John Lewis Partnership announced last week is set to close in the autumn.
Roger Gale, Post Office’s network and sales director, said: “The most effective way to secure the long term viability of our services in Camden is through a retail partner and we are confident that our proposal is the best way of safeguarding services for years to come.”
You may also want to watch:
Anybody wishing to comment on the plans can do so on postofficeviews.co.uk or by emailing email@example.com
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 7 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end