Post Office to look at moving Camden High Street branch...two doors down
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Post Office is opening a consultation into moving its Camden High Street branch, two doors away.
They are proposing to close its current branch at 114-120 Camden High Street, and move into the former Game shop at 124.
If the move goes ahead, it will be run by a retail partner and opening house will be extended to seven days a week.
The store is opposite the Waitrose shop that the John Lewis Partnership announced last week is set to close in the autumn.
Roger Gale, Post Office’s network and sales director, said: “The most effective way to secure the long term viability of our services in Camden is through a retail partner and we are confident that our proposal is the best way of safeguarding services for years to come.”
You may also want to watch:
Anybody wishing to comment on the plans can do so on postofficeviews.co.uk or by emailing email@example.com
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 5 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 6 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 9 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light