Posh to playful is hassle-free style
THE trend with playful, feminine but slightly rebellious hair is capturing hearts and minds at the moment – it is all about flowing natural hair textures that have strong feminine shapes.
The likes of Alexa Chung, Cameron Diaz and Sienna Miller lead the way with their undone but sophisticated styles and even Victoria Beckham has jumped on the bandwagon with the natural, tousled bob she fashioned last month. Over-styled, perfectly blow-dried hair is out as people opt for hassle-free, effortless styles that follow on from this year’s catwalk shows at Chloe, Just Cavalli and Prada.
This highly versatile style does have substance though. In order to optimise this dishevelled but sexy style, hair must be healthy and nourished from the inside out to avoid looking stressed and ropey. We love K�rastase Volumactive Masque (�22.50 electric-hair.com) as the salon quality formula strengthens hair structure whilst enhancing volume and body for hair that is moisturised, luxiouriously healthy and silky to the touch.
The beauty of naturally styled hair is its individuality. Sporting this style allows you to add your own unique element of personality to it. It is all about the ‘signature’ cut – stepping away from generic styles to a cut and style that is tailored and personal to the individual, so do ask your hair stylist for recommendations.
As autumn approaches, we will start to see deeper and richer hair colours as we tone down from the bright and vibrant summer shades.
You may also want to watch:
Katherine Heigl, Fergie and Fearne Cotton have already made the transition from warm blonde to warmer browns and rich and intense brunette shades but there will be many more following suit in the coming months so you heard it here first.
o Electric Hairdressing, 29 Thayer Street, Marylebone W1U 2QW. 020-7935 0015. www.electric-hair.com
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 6 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Tulip Siddiq MP: 'Nurseries are at the brink of collapse'
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour