Posh fish and chip shop to open in Hampstead this month
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Posh fish and chips are coming to Hampstead.
Last week, Camden Council approved proposals from restaurateur Rinaldo Mollura to open Fish Cafe in Hampstead High Street.
It follows opposition to the plans from the Heath and Hampstead Society which raised concerns about “pungent and obtrusive smells”.
But Labour peer Lord Melyvn Bragg, 74, who has lived in Hampstead for more than 40 years, spoke out in support of the new venture – insisting Hampstead needed more “smart-casual restaurants” like the Fish Cafe.
Mr Mollura, 58, owner of well-known Italian restaurant Villa Bianca, in Perrin’s Court, said: “I’m very, very pleased about the planning permission. There will be fried, steamed and grilled fish. It will be a very nice menu.”
You may also want to watch:
He hopes to open the Fish Cafe on the former site of Base restaurant by the end of the month.
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 4 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 5 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's