Posh fish and chip shop to open in Hampstead this month
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Posh fish and chips are coming to Hampstead.
Last week, Camden Council approved proposals from restaurateur Rinaldo Mollura to open Fish Cafe in Hampstead High Street.
It follows opposition to the plans from the Heath and Hampstead Society which raised concerns about “pungent and obtrusive smells”.
But Labour peer Lord Melyvn Bragg, 74, who has lived in Hampstead for more than 40 years, spoke out in support of the new venture – insisting Hampstead needed more “smart-casual restaurants” like the Fish Cafe.
Mr Mollura, 58, owner of well-known Italian restaurant Villa Bianca, in Perrin’s Court, said: “I’m very, very pleased about the planning permission. There will be fried, steamed and grilled fish. It will be a very nice menu.”
You may also want to watch:
He hopes to open the Fish Cafe on the former site of Base restaurant by the end of the month.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 7 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 8 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'