Posh fish and chip shop to open in Hampstead this month
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Posh fish and chips are coming to Hampstead.
Last week, Camden Council approved proposals from restaurateur Rinaldo Mollura to open Fish Cafe in Hampstead High Street.
It follows opposition to the plans from the Heath and Hampstead Society which raised concerns about “pungent and obtrusive smells”.
But Labour peer Lord Melyvn Bragg, 74, who has lived in Hampstead for more than 40 years, spoke out in support of the new venture – insisting Hampstead needed more “smart-casual restaurants” like the Fish Cafe.
Mr Mollura, 58, owner of well-known Italian restaurant Villa Bianca, in Perrin’s Court, said: “I’m very, very pleased about the planning permission. There will be fried, steamed and grilled fish. It will be a very nice menu.”
You may also want to watch:
He hopes to open the Fish Cafe on the former site of Base restaurant by the end of the month.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 4 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 5 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 8 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 9 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 10 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'