Posh fish and chip shop to open in Hampstead this month
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Posh fish and chips are coming to Hampstead.
Last week, Camden Council approved proposals from restaurateur Rinaldo Mollura to open Fish Cafe in Hampstead High Street.
It follows opposition to the plans from the Heath and Hampstead Society which raised concerns about “pungent and obtrusive smells”.
But Labour peer Lord Melyvn Bragg, 74, who has lived in Hampstead for more than 40 years, spoke out in support of the new venture – insisting Hampstead needed more “smart-casual restaurants” like the Fish Cafe.
Mr Mollura, 58, owner of well-known Italian restaurant Villa Bianca, in Perrin’s Court, said: “I’m very, very pleased about the planning permission. There will be fried, steamed and grilled fish. It will be a very nice menu.”
You may also want to watch:
He hopes to open the Fish Cafe on the former site of Base restaurant by the end of the month.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 8 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub