Portsmouth eye loan deal for Tottenham young guns
SPURS are in talks with Portsmouth over a possible season-long loan deal for Lilywhites youngsters Danny Rose and Kyle Walker. Rose, who joined Spurs from Leeds in July 2007, has played just 45 minutes of Premier League football...
SPURS are in talks with Portsmouth over a possible season-long loan deal for Lilywhites youngsters Danny Rose and Kyle Walker.
Rose, who joined Spurs from Leeds in July 2007, has played just 45 minutes of Premier League football - netting a 30-yard volley in the 2-1 win over Arsenal.
The 19-year-old winger also made four appearances in the Carling Cup and FA Cup last season, but has spent much of his Spurs career on loan in the Championship.
Rose played seven times for Watford in 2009 and made six appearances for Peterborough last season. He would doubtless be disappointed at being sent back to the second tier again, particularly after his moment of glory in April's north London derby victory.
Walker signed for Spurs last summer at the same time as his fellow Sheffield United full-back Kyle Naughton, and was immediately loaned back to the Blades for the first half of the season.
The 20-year-old finally arrived at the Lane in January and started two games, showing his promise in the 2-0 home win over Portsmouth before enduring a nightmare afternoon in the 3-1 defeat to Sunderland at the Stadium of Light.
- 1 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 2 Police called to 'youth with knife trying to climb school gates'
- 3 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 4 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 5 Night-time fishing suspended at Vale of Health following 'antisocial behaviour'
- 6 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 7 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 8 Camden watchmaker launches crowdfunding campaign
- 9 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 10 Elvis Presley songwriter and former Ham&High columnist dies aged 82
Harry Redknapp has a policy of sending his reserves out on loan and has a close relationship with his former club Portsmouth, who benefited from the services of Tottenham midfielder Jamie O'Hara last season.
Rose and Walker would become the seventh and eighth players to move between the clubs since January 2009.