Portsmouth eye loan deal for Tottenham young guns
SPURS are in talks with Portsmouth over a possible season-long loan deal for Lilywhites youngsters Danny Rose and Kyle Walker. Rose, who joined Spurs from Leeds in July 2007, has played just 45 minutes of Premier League football...
SPURS are in talks with Portsmouth over a possible season-long loan deal for Lilywhites youngsters Danny Rose and Kyle Walker.
Rose, who joined Spurs from Leeds in July 2007, has played just 45 minutes of Premier League football - netting a 30-yard volley in the 2-1 win over Arsenal.
The 19-year-old winger also made four appearances in the Carling Cup and FA Cup last season, but has spent much of his Spurs career on loan in the Championship.
Rose played seven times for Watford in 2009 and made six appearances for Peterborough last season. He would doubtless be disappointed at being sent back to the second tier again, particularly after his moment of glory in April's north London derby victory.
You may also want to watch:
Walker signed for Spurs last summer at the same time as his fellow Sheffield United full-back Kyle Naughton, and was immediately loaned back to the Blades for the first half of the season.
The 20-year-old finally arrived at the Lane in January and started two games, showing his promise in the 2-0 home win over Portsmouth before enduring a nightmare afternoon in the 3-1 defeat to Sunderland at the Stadium of Light.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 6 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 9 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
Harry Redknapp has a policy of sending his reserves out on loan and has a close relationship with his former club Portsmouth, who benefited from the services of Tottenham midfielder Jamie O'Hara last season.
Rose and Walker would become the seventh and eighth players to move between the clubs since January 2009.